Divorce

All credit to romance but be realistic. Everyone thinks their romance will last forever but the stats say otherwise.

I know. That's one reason why marriage has never appealed to me.
I have never met someone who I truly loved. Loved and trust so much that I would sacrifice my independency and plunge full go into tying the knot.

Anyhow the whole point of marriage for most is to settle down and start a family. If I had children I would like them to be safe financially. Hence I wouldn't sign a pre nuptial agreement if I for some reason should find "The One"

not that this will ever happen

I wouldn't want a pre-nup, and are they worth the paper they're written on anyway?

I had nothing to put in a pre nup the first time, I'd chance it the 2nd time I think, if I felt like I needed one I wouldn't marry them tbh

I agree with you there but I think we'd marry for different reasons.

I know. That's one reason why marriage has never appealed to me.
I have never met someone who I truly loved. Loved and trust so much that I would sacrifice my independency and plunge full go into tying the knot.

Anyhow the whole point of marriage for most is to settle down and start a family. If I had children I would like them to be safe financially. Hence I wouldn't sign a pre nuptial agreement if I for some reason should find "The One"

not that this will ever happen

But the pre-nup would guarantee you x amount if you divorce, assuming you're the one coming into the marriage with no money, and if you have plenty money you're protected from being forced to split everything. So if you never divorce it's immaterial and if you do it'll at least save a lengthy, stressful and expensive court battle, and naturally any children would be accounted for financially, so where's the problem really? Ya it's not romantic but it's practical.

I don't think it's a thinking it will happen thing with me though. It's more of want, I've never wanted to be with the one person my entire life so I know at some point my interest will drop.

Then maybe you haven't met "the one" yet? My cousin was 36 when he met "the one". And he was pretty battle-scarred from his previous long-term relationship and wanted nothing to do with relationships. And he met this girl in a pub and 4 months later they were living together and 3 years after that they were married and have been for almost 10 years now. Happy as.

Never say never, there's plenty of single millionaires out there :p

Yes and I know someone who is single and filthy rich. And I could have bagged him but you know I am a true romantic who wants to fall in love with the right one......I might be 80 yrs old until the right one shows up ;) Most men are useless and unreliable anyway

Then maybe you haven't met "the one" yet? My cousin was 36 when he met "the one". And he was pretty battle-scarred from his previous long-term relationship and wanted nothing to do with relationships. And he met this girl in a pub and 4 months later they were living together and 3 years after that they were married and have been for almost 10 years now. Happy as.

I don't believe in all that 'the one' stuff. I'm pretty much a loner in life and I like it that way. I may get into a relationship that lasts years but ultimately I know I'll want to be on my own. Maybe there's a guy that I'd sacrifice that for one day but I just can't see it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼