Derrick May

There was a time when Djs didn't have to be producers, these days you really can't make it big unless you put out music. I'd rather May didn't release any music, cause the chances of it being as good as his older stuff is very very slim. He should just continue to dj around the world, cause when he's on it, he's one hell of a performer. He doesn't really trade on his old music, he trades on being a rockin' dj.

There was a time when Djs didn't have to be producers, these days you really can't make it big unless you put out music. I'd rather May didn't release any music, cause the chances of it being as good as his older stuff is very very slim. He should just continue to dj around the world, cause when he's on it, he's one hell of a performer. He doesn't really trade on his old music, he trades on being a rockin' dj.

for once, you hit the nail on the head

Yeah, and the really annoying thing about that is that a lot of great producers are extremely average DJs.

Far too many times I've gone to see one of these guys and they couldn't mix cement.

Herbert is one that springs to mind straigth away.

Very few people are really good at both IMO. Charles Webster is one who manages to pull it off.

Defo, just watch any video of him play. Savage dj, very entertaining.

I was having a nice chat with him the last time he was here & my ex kept on trying to crack onto him.............which is why she's now my ex!

I've never had that happen before & it's the last time I ever go near an Irish wan they're murder for the black fellas!!!!!!!

rant over

I remember Jim X comet gave me a cd with the strings of life on it long-go!
I was only a smallie looking for some tunes for me birthday party, thanks Jim wherever you are.............

Keep on keepin on

J The C

I think he is right to not make anymore music. How could you possibly live up to Strings Of Life or some of the other tunes he made in the late eighties. And anything that he would make would be compared to the likes of R-theme, Nude Photo and his Sueno Latino mix among other classics. It is a shame though that he didn't/couldn't keep up that standard. He's definitely one of the most important inovators for techno. On a separate not, Carl craig is making some amazing stuff lately.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Casey Black

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼