Death

US Dept of Justice did a controlled test in the 70's

"THE RESEARCH DATA DO NOT SUPPORT THE CONTENTION THAT PSYCHICS CAN PROVIDE SIGNIFICANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LEADING TO THE SOLUTION OF MAJOR CRIMES."

In general psychics have the same success rate as educated guesswork.
Didn't a psychic contact police about a murder one of the Krays henchmen carried out.
I believe he described who did it and that the body was dumped at sea. Years later the henchman admitted it.

Then again, he may just have had information the police didn't.

I wouldnt be a skeptic or a believer really but i remember when my mam passed away suddenly in my 20’s. It hit me hard.

About 6 weeks after she died i had a really vivid almost lucid dream that she came and sat on the side of my bed and just chatted with me. I even remember saying to her in the dream “i thought you were dead”. The dream just felt like a long conversation about odds and ends more than anything.

Anyways i woke up the next morning in fantastic form, rested and energised for the first time in weeks.
It felt like i had properly said goodbye and i had closure .

I know it was just a dream and that we dream all the time but at the same time i’ve never had anything like it before or since.

It made me happy.

Personally speaking - I don't think that they made a bad album.

"Leprosy" and "Human" are probably my two favourites overall but "The Sound Of Perseverance" shows Chuck Schuldiner (RIP) at the height of his technical skills.

#IWishToFawkThatThereWasAMusicThread
Individual Thought Patterns is top of the pile for me, but agreed they/he never made a bad album.
I saw them in Dublin on the Human tour 30 fecking years ago and had a fanboy moment talking shite to Chuck.

Individual Thought Patterns is top of the pile for me, but agreed they/he never made a bad album.
I saw them in Dublin on the Human tour 30 fecking years ago and had a fanboy moment talking shite to Chuck.

That's a belter as well. I like "Leprosy" more than the rest probably because it was the first Death record that I ever heard. The cover art is still class.

I didn't catch the Death Alive thingy when they were going. Apparently it was good but Chuck was essentially Death as you mention above (unless he also had a pronoun issue that I wasn't aware of...) so I fail to see the point.

Mad to think that Chuck is gone 20+ years.

I wouldnt be a skeptic or a believer really but i remember when my mam passed away suddenly in my 20’s. It hit me hard.

About 6 weeks after she died i had a really vivid almost lucid dream that she came and sat on the side of my bed and just chatted with me. I even remember saying to her in the dream “i thought you were dead”. The dream just felt like a long conversation about odds and ends more than anything.

Anyways i woke up the next morning in fantastic form, rested and energised for the first time in weeks.
It felt like i had properly said goodbye and i had closure .

I know it was just a dream and that we dream all the time but at the same time i’ve never had anything like it before or since.

It made me happy.
That's beautiful. I'm glad you got closure of some sort.

We're very lucky in Ireland we have the open coffin and/or wake culture. I think for the most part we have a good relationship with death. It provides a lot of closure.

Funerals in Bavaria/Austria are fucking grim. Especially since they're supposedly ultra Catholic you'd think they'd be happy for the deceased. Even at old people's funerals it's morbid.

I've personally never had issue with someone shuffling off their mortal coil when they're good and ready. I'm a big fan of Dignatas in Switzerland. I'd personally rather go out on a drug fuelled hooring session but each to their own I suppose.

Look, all jokes aside. It's very hard to say goodbye. Moreso when it's before time. Worse so when it's way before time.

Funerals are the only time I envy the true believers.

That's beautiful. I'm glad you got closure of some sort.

We're very lucky in Ireland we have the open coffin and/or wake culture. I think for the most part we have a good relationship with death. It provides a lot of closure.

Funerals in Bavaria/Austria are fucking grim. Especially since they're supposedly ultra Catholic you'd think they'd be happy for the deceased. Even at old people's funerals it's morbid.

I've personally never had issue with someone shuffling off their mortal coil when they're good and ready. I'm a big fan of Dignatas in Switzerland. I'd personally rather go out on a drug fuelled hooring session but each to their own I suppose.

Look, all jokes aside. It's very hard to say goodbye. Moreso when it's before time. Worse so when it's way before time.

Funerals are the only time I envy the true believers.
This

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼