Davys Toughest Team

I watched what I presume was a repeat of this last night. The be fair to Davy I think his heart is in the right place but he has no qualifications of any description that should allow him to undertake something like this so its potentially a very bad mix. He'd love to be able to fix these fellas lives for them, but he has no training and no understanding at all of how you would actually help deeply troubled people like those guys beyond roaring at them about never giving up and running a few army style drills to show them a bit about team work. He is a motivator and if that is enough to help any of them then great stuff, but I have my doubts

I did enjoy him lecturing a very fit young fella about his shit diet though as Davy himself tried to set a record for the number of greasy fries you can eat in one episode of a show.. does he really lack all sense of self awareness?

Where are the parents?

In the Pub I assume.
To be fair, a couple of the parents were interviewed and were at a loss themselves as to how to manage them. As a parent you hope that every time your son or daughter goes out they make sensible decisions. Some of those boys suffered loss that I would find difficult to cope with. I’m also guessing they’ve had previous interventions/ support from other services like Pieta house, rehab etc.
Learning to resolve conflict seems to be an issue too.
I’m not a fan of Davey, but think his eyes were opened, he’s been used to dealing with young men who show up, have discipline and are team players.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jordan Mackampa
Winthrop Avenue (@Old Oak)

16th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼