Cyclists

Of course, he is happy for cyclists to break the law and continue to get away with it.

I think you need to read what I actually type.

I'm not happy for anyone to break the law, but I don't want to turn Ireland into a police state in order to mitigate it either.
You on the other hand have no issues with the latter.

First country to introduce the smoking ban. One of a small number of countries to introduce minimum unit pricing for alcohol. (For better or worse). There may be other things we've done this is just off the top of my head. Don't think that just because other countries haven't done it. It can't happen. If the political will is there, the general public agree and there's votes to be had. It'll be on the table.

That is the thing. It's a regular enough thing to get some populist fool elected and get them to say knee-jerk shit like putting a reg plate on bicycles. The idiots lap it up and clap along until of course they go into the detail on HOW it is to be done and then it falls flat on its face.

Therefore it's a very valid question to ask if any country has successfully managed to implement a plan that others bring up here. There is a very valid reason why they haven't. Bringing up the smoking ban is just an idiot's way of not admitting to this fact.

I think you need to read what I actually type.

I'm not happy for anyone to break the law, but I don't want to turn Ireland into a police state in order to mitigate it either.
You on the other hand have no issues with the latter.
How is putting some form of visible identification on a bike turning Ireland into a police state? Take you time now.

Because they haven't done it yet. If something hasn't been done yet this does not mean it does not work or can not happen.
How fucking hard a concept is this to digest?

That is a fallacy

100% success rate on cars under 30 kph in the study you clearly haven't contacted the makers of to set straight yet.

QR codes are already used on bicycles in Japan for anti theft ID as evidenced in the photo a few pages back Timmy.
QR codes can be a variety of sizes from around (trigger warning) postage stamp sized 2cm square upwards, and can be scanned from a photo.

Yes, we know that already and I have already dismantled that argument. Repeating it again doesn't make it true.
Im looking forward to reading your full rebuttal of their research.
It wasn't researched, it was a theoretical exercise.
Where is the research where this can work on bikes?
Why are you so resistant to cyclists being identified in the event the break the rules of the road?

I'm resistant to stupid populist ideas.

The government should make it mandatory for all bicycles to be fitted with a transponder, which can track their movements like a black box in the event they break the rules of the road, and need to be sent for reeducation

Perhaps we can trial the idea on cars and trucks first, you know, the road users who actually kill people?

My point is about facial recognition technology which you seem to have no issue with implementing on Irish streets. Most people would consider that way over the top.
Why would I have a problem with facial recognition? It will help catch criminals, help locate missing people, who would have a problem with that? Oh yeah people like you that are happy to break the law and want to go undetected. Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear from facial recognition technology.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼