Cyclists

they should fine cars parking in cycle lanes before they fine cyclists. We can't cycle where we're supposed to if cars are blocking us!

They should fine cars parking in cycle lanes certainly, but at the same time similarly fine cyclists who break the rules of the road. Given the number of errant cyclists about it could be a great revenue stream for local government until they cop themselves on. :)

They should fine cars parking in cycle lanes certainly, but at the same time similarly fine cyclists who break the rules of the road. Given the number of errant cyclists about it could be a great revenue stream for local government until they cop themselves on. :)

Or just ban cyclists altogether. Then start giving out provisional cycling licenses where you have to have a fully licensed cyclist ride along in single file with you until you pass your test, including a theory and practical. Then when you get your full license you should have to tax your bike and display the tax disc on the handlebars and then if you disobey the rules of the road you should get penalty points and if you get more than 12 you are walking until you resit your cycling test.

1.5 metres me arse.

Or just ban cyclists altogether. Then start giving out provisional cycling licenses where you have to have a fully licensed cyclist ride along in single file with you until you pass your test, including a theory and practical. Then when you get your full license you should have to tax your bike and display the tax disc on the handlebars and then if you disobey the rules of the road you should get penalty points and if you get more than 12 you are walking until you resit your cycling test.

1.5 metres me arse.

You'd need a large bike to carry an @rse that size C32 ;-)

Friend and I were walking down the Marina recently and we'd been looking toward the pontoon when I'd half turned only for some c**t speeding on a bicycle to pass within inches of me on the footpath. He'd come up behind me without any warning and was haring along the footpath, we were very lucky he didn't hit me with his bike.

Nawful pity I wasn't practicing my golf-swing at that very moment. He could have carried his teeth home in his rucksack. :)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

8th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼