Cyclists

Got stuck behind a cyclists yday morn on way to Mitchelstown.. he hogged the road as if he was as wide as a bus... and there was a cycle path to his left for most of the distance..
I could not pass him out as there was a tractor and trailer in front of him..

I could not get over it.. the absolute cheek of him..

I wished he had had a reg so I could have reported him!

But strangely enough, he stopped at the traffic lights.. he obviously felt he was justified in behaving like a vehicle (most cyclists would break the red lights - thats not right either i know)

I love coming across genuine bastard cyclists. You know the type; red-faced, middle-aged, lycra-clad, GoPro-hatted ragehoors.

I like that they're out there in the wild.

I love coming across genuine bastard cyclists. You know the type; red-faced, middle-aged, lycra-clad, GoPro-hatted ragehoors.

I like that they're out there in the wild.

Some right zoomers there. Most of those cyclists who crashed into car doors were cycling way too fast for the space involved even if there was no door opened. Cyclists are trying to insist that traffic give them 1.5 meters (that's 5 feet in old money) space when overtaking, yet cyclists themselves want to be able to cycle at speeds in excess of the traffic and with a passing distance that could best be measured in inches.

If those cyclists showed a modicum of cop on they'd be a hell of a lot safer.

And WTF are the rear pointing cycle cameras about????

Had reason to be waiting in my car for someone recently in town and noticed cyclists leaving a particular employment. Of the 8 cyclists that exited the place in about 10 minutes, 7 of them cycled on the narrow footpath to go against the traffic, the 8th obeyed the rules and cycled in the direction of traffic flow.

Then exiting my place of work a colleague and I were nearly bowled over by a cyclist who couldn't see people exiting the gateway because of a high wall. The c**t passed within inches of us, took a speed wobble, and then was away before either of us had a chance to catch him.

And on my way home, going over SouthGate Bridge, my lights went green, a cyclist from my left decided the red lights weren't for him and he was entitled to run the red light and cycle between me and the footpath going up Barrack Street.

And yet they get all hot and bothered if they're not given 5 feet of space when overtaking them??? :shock:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Drive

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼