Cyclists

Very poor fishing effort, Rox. The only ones that are getting their arses handed to them are the cycling nazis can't can't grasp the simple fact they only want it reduced from 3m to 2m like they did for another local business close by. They don't want it removed.
They are worst that the Shinnerbots FFS they take everything so personal 🙄

On my walk to work this morning over Nano Nagle PEDESTRIAN bridge some lycra-twat came full pelt from behind me and passed me within a couple of centimeters. I didn't realize he was there until he'd sped past. As he sped away I noticed he'd no bell on his bicycle - few if indeed any of the lycra mob do. And I don't mean euphemistically, but maybe it is indicative of their problem alright and their frustrated over-developed sense of entitlement without responsibility.
You are amazing to be able to see that they didn't have a bell on their bike while they sped away from you. Amazin you are luv.
Also, one is allowed to cycle over that bridge.

Well said.

Take the cycleway in Glounthuane.

The boys in the county planning office pushed this through with very little practical concern for how it was going to effect a well established locally owned business.

The owners have now gone to the papers and online to strengthen their case.

You had a Cork cycling advocacy group basically attack them on Twitter for trying to stop their business being damaged.

You then have their followers from all over the country jumping in two footed that the owners are privileged and that the cycle lane is great, anyone against it as is against progress.

Anyone with a functioning set of eyes could see from the plans this was going to be a disaster and so it has proven in practice. Just really shoddy planning.

The cycling groups have a loud online presence but most of these guys will never see the lane, never mind use it. Id imagine signatures from the community will hold more sway with getting the current set up there altered.
We are back to Fitzpatricks again?
Christ!

Their time in the limelight is gone. No one cares too much. The shared path is a great addition and she got some free parking spaces to boot. I suggest they spend more time on their business than trying to grab something for nothing from the public and tax payer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼