Cyclists

Defensive driving lads, drop the ego "right of way" bullshit and expect the worst from other road users, that way you are always keeping yourself safe. Remember using the roads isn't about being right, it's about keeping yourself alive and getting to your destination without being accused of manslaughter.
We all just want to get to where we are going.

Cyclist I would have thought, if he's on the inside

Hopefully someone will clarify. I am a bit ashamed that I don't know the rules. Obviously the cyclist believes he is correct because the cycle lane goes straight on, maybe there should be a designated traffic light for junctions like this. I can't see someone in a van or a truck seeing him.

I was walking on the footpath recently with my daughter up Kyle street towards North Main Street. A middle-aged man came cycling towards us on the footpath in the opposite direction. He refused to move, claiming he had rights to cycle on the footpath. He eventually went on to the road and continued cycling against the traffic as Kyle Street is one way.

Strange.

Do cyclists have rights on the footpath now!

that's a a real childish attitude you have there. I think it's better for everyone when cyclists go through red lights. As a motorist, stopped at lights I prefer a cyclist breaking the lights and off out of the way. As a cyclist, if the light is red but the way is clear and safe I'm not going to stop like an idiot and waste my time waiting for a bulb to change colour. You need to govern your own safety out there and decide what's best yourself.

And there you have it - a cyclist who admits, nay boasts, that he doesn't obey the ROTR on a bicycle and would feel "like an idiot" if he did.

What is it about being on a bicycle that bestows on the road user (who presumably does obey the ROTR in his car) the right to ignore the ROTR?

ROTR are for cyclists too. And the quicker you and your fellow cyclists realise that the safer the roads will be for us all!

spot on - its often safer for everyone involved for the cyclist to get off through the junction, especially in junctions where the cyclist will be impeding the traffic trying to turn left

motorists in cities need to chill out - theres a big engine in front which means there is zero effort in getting to where you are going and traffic lights will make sure you get nowhere fast anyway.. calm down, put on music you like and take it handy - let cyclists worry about themselves

And yet when cyclists come a cropper you're the very one who gets all irate about it. You can't "let cyclists worry about themselves" - so many of them are too stupid on the road and get a Darwin Award or do their damndest to get one.

I was walking on the footpath recently with my daughter up Kyle street towards North Main Street. A middle-aged man came cycling towards us on the footpath in the opposite direction. He refused to move, claiming he had rights to cycle on the footpath. He eventually went on to the road and continued cycling against the traffic as Kyle Street is one way.

Strange.

Do cyclists have rights on the footpath now!

Absolute cunts the lotta 'em.

B

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Sean Hardware

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼