Cyclists

Here in Germany, there are often separate traffic lights for bikes and for other traffic. When lights are going green, the bike lights go green a second or two sooner to give cyclists a chance to get started.

When you're getting started on the bike, it's more likely to wobble and not having cars whizzing past you at the same time makes it easier.

Welcome to Ireland the land of broken rules & broken glass normally of the alcoholic variety.:p

I have to admit I would have been totally guilty of the last 2 clips turning left at the Paddy the farmers junction. It never occurred to me check inside me there.

At least one of the people turning left at that junction had their indicators on and the cyclist proceeded to go up the inside in an attempt to undertake the car. The cyclist is asking for trouble there.

whilst I was stopped at the lights on O Connell bridge tonight a bus hit a cyclist on his right-hand shoulder because the ape driving it decided he would squeeze by him despite the cyclist being well into the edge and the driver clearly lacked either the judgement required or the cop-on to realise how stupid/dangerous it was

when there is gobshites like this behind the wheel of 10 tonnes what chance do cyclists have?

the cyclist managed to hold it together btw after a major speed wobble where he could easily have become the 3rd killed this week

that's a a real childish attitude you have there. I think it's better for everyone when cyclists go through red lights. As a motorist, stopped at lights I prefer a cyclist breaking the lights and off out of the way. As a cyclist, if the light is red but the way is clear and safe I'm not going to stop like an idiot and waste my time waiting for a bulb to change colour. You need to govern your own safety out there and decide what's best yourself.

spot on - its often safer for everyone involved for the cyclist to get off through the junction, especially in junctions where the cyclist will be impeding the traffic trying to turn left

motorists in cities need to chill out - theres a big engine in front which means there is zero effort in getting to where you are going and traffic lights will make sure you get nowhere fast anyway.. calm down, put on music you like and take it handy - let cyclists worry about themselves

It would appear a bit silly to put cyclists in with buses in bus lanes.

Buses stop frequently to take on and let off passengers, making accidents with cyclists much more likely.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼