Cyclists

just looking at the video where righttobike falls of his bike.. fair dues to him for posting it.. i known some people will enjoy watching it..to me it looks like he is off the saddle before his fall and the road seems fairly flat so thats strange like, also he is wearing click in shoes which can be leathal and not recomeded in city cycling, in fact i would recomend anybody who is not a professianal cyclist not to where them.. you can get looose fitting pedal straps. hope he recovers buys a hybrid and stays in a little more to the left.

Last edited:
just looking at the video where righttobike falls of his bike.. fair dues to him for posting it.. i known some people will enjoy watching it..to me it looks like he is off the saddle before his fall and the road seems fairly flat so thats strange like, also he is wearing click in shoes which can be leathal and not recomeded in city cycling, in fact i would recomend anybody who is not a professianal cyclist not to where them.. you can get looose fitting pedal straps. hope he recovers buys a hybrid and stays in a little more to the left.
Arrogance does not allow enough brain capacity for helpful advice like that

Where is the car thread?

It started out a moan against cyclists but this thread is now the catch all 'road safety' thread in all but name.
i suppose everything is connected, we all share the road....this happened to me a few weeks back( absolutely true story) cycling up a hill around st lukes and i stopped as ii was ahead of the people i was with.. a lovely looking blond girl calls me asks me would i get into her car( i thought all my birthdays had come at once). it turns out she had only two lessons and was unable to do the handbrake start on the hill she had stopped on..one of the women withme came along moved the car for her, i was amazed to see kids in the car... no l plate on show either.

i suppose everything is connected, we all share the road....this happened to me a few weeks back( absolutely true story) cycling up a hill around st lukes and i stopped as ii was ahead of the people i was with.. a lovely looking blond girl calls me asks me would i get into her car( i thought all my birthdays had come at once). it turns out she had only two lessons and was unable to do the handbrake start on the hill she had stopped on..one of the women withme came along moved the car for her, i was amazed to see kids in the car... no l plate on show either.
There i was hoping for a better story.......

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pierce Turner
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼