Cyclists

Who said cyclists don't kill or injure anyone?
It's just that cyclists killing people is vanishingly rare.

There's usually 1-2 people killed a year by cyclists in the UK. That's out of a population of 67 million.

In 2022, 1,766 people were killed, 28,941 injured directly by vehicles.
The estimates for early deaths from breathing polluted air range from 29,000 to 43,000 deaths for adults aged 30 and over.

The number of people severely damaged by pollution is 10x that.
As a direct example of that, the reduction in vehicle traffic during Covid in Oxford resulted in a massive drop in admissions due to acute asthma attacks:

Normally 8 admissions a month, dropped to 1 a month for 2 months after the initial lockdown period (in July/Aug 2020, the UK government was doing shit like "Eat Out to Help Out" by Aug 2020).

Well done on finding an example of a cyclist killing a pedestrian. They do exist.

Now kindly post up details of the 30,000+ killed last year by the results of motor traffic in the UK. You might have to work fast as that's about 100 a day.
What is your point? Killing an 81 yo woman is okay if it means lycra on a bike can do speed trials around a public park at 30mph?

I was driving West along French's Quay-Proby's Quay just before 11 this morning in quite heavy traffic. I noticed a cyclist, mid twenties, short dark hair clean shaven, cycling at quite a rate heading East in the eastbound Cycle Lane on my right - he seemed to be in quite a hurry.
Anyways, whatever look I gave in my rear view mirror a few seconds later, I noticed he nearly ruptured himself trying to stop before hitting a reddish coloured saloon car pulling out from Crosses Green. I'd noticed that car had been edging out when I passed a few seconds earlier (couldn't let him out as there was a car right behind me in the traffic) but he was already across the Cycle Lane.

Anyways, from what I could make out the cyclist was getting irate with the driver of the red car, but it was pretty clear that the cyclist was travelling far too fast and should have clearly seen that the car was already across the cycle lane before he came along travelling at excessive speed.

I didn't get to see the end of it after the cyclist dismounted as our lights went green and they moved out of sight of my rear view.

Any of ye cyclists involved?

I kept an eye on the clock. A 25 min journey took me 3/4 of an hour
You need to get these.... :lol!:

29723A3F00000578-0-image-a-71_1433867515109.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼