Cyclists

I've no problem with them ironing out the few loonball cycle lanes that currently disappear into a telegraph pole or jam the cyclist between two traffic lanes making it a bit of a lottery for them to emerge but unless and until the use of provided cycle lanes is made mandatory then it makes absolutely no sense to build more and more of them.
Yes, make parking in car parking spaces mandatory and no point building any more until this is enforced by law..............
1684757713298.png
1684757759467.png
1684757770788.png
1684757803993.png
1684757824883.png

Last edited:
Yes, make parking in car parking spaces mandatory and no point building any more until this is enforced by law..............
View attachment 21275
View attachment 21276
View attachment 21277
View attachment 21278
View attachment 21279

I have to say thay the insertion of a cycle lane in Coburg St was particularly bad planning

Anyone familiar with the area will tell you double parking is a regular feature of this street owing to the location of O'Connors funeral home.

Id like to see the parking warden who tries to ticket people attending a removal.

I have to say thay the insertion of a cycle lane in Coburg St was particularly bad planning

Anyone familiar with the area will tell you double parking is a regular feature of this street owing to the location of O'Connors funeral home.

Id like to see the parking warden who tries to ticket people attending a removal.

Does that give someone a right to break the law?

Anyway, why is there a funeral home right smack bang in the middle of the city, where there is no parking?
Make it make sense to me.

You have a huge multi-story car park around the corner, another one right on on Mc Curtain St, a big surface car park on Patricks Quay as well as on street parking on Wellington road etc..

People have plenty of options for their private car storage.

The upgraded footpaths, new bus stops and shelters, improved public lighting, road resurfacing, lining and other public realm improvements in Coburg Street, Bridge Street, and Mac Curtain Street will really improve the area.

Sounds like an enforcement issue really anyway for the Council.

1684765287972.png

MacCurtain Street/Coburg Street/Bridge Street is going to be bedlam by the time the new road layout is operating. Total gridlock.

Thats a certainty.

They've completely f*cked all East Moving traffic.

MacCurtain Street/Coburg Street/Bridge Street is going to be bedlam by the time the new road layout is operating. Total gridlock.

Thats a certainty.

They've completely f*cked all East Moving traffic.
You are giving out about cycle lanes on Coburg St that are not even there and the city is by-passed East-West. (North Ring-South Ring)

It has been "bedlam" there for years as cars/parking/all day car storage dominated and schoolkids dodging heavy traffic.

1684767054109.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Gilbert Steele

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼