Cyclists

“I spoke six years ago about the need for additional park and ride facilities other than the Black Ash and still we do not have anything to make a dent on the congestion that occurs around pinch points of the city."

Talk is cheap. They don't even have additional park and ride facilities up and running after 6 years; can't come up with a rational and workable bus infrastructure without making a hames of it, never mind a Luas or Dart like system for Cork.

:rolleyes:
That’s some Labour Party activist who represents no one but seems to be repeatedly quoted in the Echo. A bit of balance would be welcome, otherwise the Echo will become just another Labour Party mouthpiece

Then why is there a long-running thread called 'Cyclists' where the actions of a select few are commented on and used to generalise ALL cyclists as one homogenous group?

A thread called 'Black People', or 'Gays' wouldn't be acceptable for the above reasons, yet here we are in the thread called 'Cyclists' where the above happens repeatedly.

This kind of gibberish is why half the place have you on ignore.

I bet the civil rights and pride movements must feel honored to be placed on such a high pedestal.

This kind of gibberish is why half the place have you on ignore.

I bet the civil rights and pride movements must feel honored to be placed on such a high pedestal.

So tell me why it's acceptable to have a long-running thread called 'cyclists' where the modus operandi of the few bullies in it, is to make spitful comments about 'cyclists' as if they are one homogenous group.

You do realise this thread is going about 10 years?

This is the very first post.

Bout time these Lycra clad idiots were banned from the road.

Irish roads simply are not wide enough to accommodate both cyclists and vehicles.

Time to get rid.

Tell me what is rational about this post and everything that has come after it?

So tell me why it's acceptable to have a long-running thread called 'cyclists' where the modus operandi of the few bullies in it, is to make spitful comments about 'cyclists' as if they are one homogenous group.
I don't think people are being spitful, m8.
Some people like to cough up a bit of banter now and again. Nobody really wants to knock cyclists into the gulley.
Try to be more phlegmatic.

I don't think people are being spitful, m8.
Some people like to cough up a bit of banter now and again. Nobody really wants to knock cyclists into the gulley.
Try to be more phlegmatic.
Even though there are examples of posters wishing harm to cyclists in this very thread?
The issue at hand is not as harmless or as banal as you make out.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼