Corn Ui Mhuiri

Was just gonna ask the same question.
At a time when Nemo are having a centenary celebration.........seem to have slipped down the pecking order.
It's not as if they don't have any Nemo players, maybe not as many as when they were in their pomp but still 6 and a sub.

Coláiste Chríost Rí: A O'Brien Towler (Nemo Rangers); F McGorry (Nemo Rangers), E Verian (St Nicks), B Heffernan (St Nicks); O Whyte (Ballymartle), B O'Neill (Nemo Rangers), J Kennefick (St Finbarrs); R O'Neill (Nemo Rangers), C Molloy (Nemo Rangers); T Morgan (Ballincollig), R Hogan (Nemo Rangers), R Deasy (Ballymartle); A Petrov (Nemo Rangers), B Clancy-Byrne (St Nicks), C O'Sullivan (St Finbarrs).

Subs: J Madden (Nemo Rangers) for Heffernan (19), A Connolly (Ballygarvan) for R O'Neill (49).

I suppose it’s harder for the city schools to prosper as there is so many options compared to the country.

For example you’ll see lads from the Barrs going to school in CSN, Chríost Rí, CBC, Pres and Roco, so the talent from a club like the Barrs is spread out, whereas in the country, lads don’t have as many options of schools.

However it’s also the job of the school to promote Gaelic games in the proper way.

I suppose it’s harder for the city schools to prosper as there is so many options compared to the country.

For example you’ll see lads from the Barrs going to school in CSN, Chríost Rí, CBC, Pres and Roco, so the talent from a club like the Barrs is spread out, whereas in the country, lads don’t have as many options of schools.

However it’s also the job of the school to promote Gaelic games in the proper way.

Very true, I think the Barrs senior hurling team had 4 go to Prez and BOC is still there.

Very true, I think the Barrs senior hurling team had 4 go to Prez and BOC is still there.
For example if Ethan Twomey and Brian Hayes went to Christians instead of Pres there probably would’ve been a couple of Hartys for Christians.

Pres is one of the best schools in the country so you wouldn’t begrudge lads going there and getting a top class education. It would just be interesting to see how strong a team you could get in both hurling and football if all the best talent from the city all played for the same school. Like Kieran’s does in Kilkenny.

How come no Douglas player on Chriost Ri team?
4 or 5 of them playing with Roco, are they going to Douglas CC?

ST FRANCIS COLLEGE: M O’Connell (St Michael’s); F Leahy (do), D Buckley (Douglas), T O’Brien (Nemo Rangers); C O’Neill (Nemo Rangers), L Dwane-Fogarty (Douglas), M O’Rourke (Cobh); K Lyons (Ballygarvan), B Kelleher (Carrigaline); B Fraher (Nemo Rangers), H Quilligan (Douglas), M O’Mahony (Ballygarvan); E O’Connor (do), B Hayes (Nemo Rangers), S Coakley (Douglas).

Subs: C Yelland (Nemo Rangers) for O’Rourke and C O’Keeffe (Douglas) for Fraher 40, J Burke (Douglas) for Kelleher 46, O McAdoo (St Michael’s) for O’Neill 47, C Reddington (Douglas) for O’Mahony 52.

Was just gonna ask the same question.
At a time when Nemo are having a centenary celebration.........seem to have slipped down the pecking order.
It's not as if they don't have any Nemo players, maybe not as many as when they were in their pomp but still 6 and a sub.

Coláiste Chríost Rí: A O'Brien Towler (Nemo Rangers); F McGorry (Nemo Rangers), E Verian (St Nicks), B Heffernan (St Nicks); O Whyte (Ballymartle), B O'Neill (Nemo Rangers), J Kennefick (St Finbarrs); R O'Neill (Nemo Rangers), C Molloy (Nemo Rangers); T Morgan (Ballincollig), R Hogan (Nemo Rangers), R Deasy (Ballymartle); A Petrov (Nemo Rangers), B Clancy-Byrne (St Nicks), C O'Sullivan (St Finbarrs).

Subs: J Madden (Nemo Rangers) for Heffernan (19), A Connolly (Ballygarvan) for R O'Neill (49).
Not as much Nemo players going to CCRI at all these days. I suppose Rochestown have pulled them all in too , and presuming a few are with Pres and Christians. I would think Criost Rí will be dropping down a grade next year

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼