Cork u20 Hurling 2023

But if he’s packing hurling in after this why bother playing him? He’s a great player but he’ll never play senior for Cork and the main aim of minor and u20 is to produce senior players.
The best way of developing players especially in a county like cork which has been starved of success is actually winning championships at whatever grade, the best way to win is Tom pick your best players and he fits that.

Unless I’m mistaken this Cork u20 team was demolished by Limerick at minor level. Shows the brilliant development that has occurred in between. Unreal depth in this panel with many promising prospects all over the field that will be pushing the seniors hard next year. Lastly, Ben O C spot on in his interview about the U20s

Cat among the pigeons here ! would Limerick let Ben O Connor go from Hurling no JP Would not allow it ....Kerry made sure of Cliffford when the Aussies were interested....just saying like ! very disappointing but of course we wish the lad the very best of luck.
I hope our Seniors play like our Minor and u20 teams did this week.

Cat among the pigeons here ! would Limerick let Ben O Connor go from Hurling no JP Would not allow it ....Kerry made sure of Cliffford when the Aussies were interested....just saying like ! very disappointing but of course we wish the lad the very best of luck.
I hope our Seniors play like our Minor and u20 teams did this week.
Could more effort have been.made to keep setanta ?

That was as good a game of hurling as I've seen in a long time. Two very good teams going at it hammer and tongs. No backwards steps taken by anyone. No dirty play, physical for sure, but nothing malicious. And to grind out a win under those circumstances away from home with a homer ref was very impressive. Hopefully a good tilt at a Munster title coming up for this group. If they can get Downey, Ben O'C, Wilk, Cunningham and Walsh as a spine for the remaining games with O'Sullivans x2, Kingston, Buckley and more very capable around them they'll take some stopping.

That was as good a game of hurling as I've seen in a long time. Two very good teams going at it hammer and tongs. No backwards steps taken by anyone. No dirty play, physical for sure, but nothing malicious. And to grind out a win under those circumstances away from home with a homer ref was very impressive. Hopefully a good tilt at a Munster title coming up for this group. If they can get Downey, Ben O'C, Wilk, Cunningham and Walsh as a spine for the remaining games with O'Sullivans x2, Kingston, Buckley and more very capable around them they'll take some stopping.
Eoin Downey wont be there .

I'd say after 2 or 3 years with the rugby if he doesn't make it Ben O Connor's physique wouldnt be very suitable for hurling. They'll have him beefed to de hilt. It's his decision but nobody really cares about Munster/rugby in Cork. Mention Sweetman to anybody outside of hurling circles and they'll say who?

Eoin Downet won’t be available for the Munster final. Seniors playing Clare 6 days later

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..
More events ▼