Cork u20 Hurling 2023

I was at the game last night so wasn't posting on here as I was actually watching the game unlike a lot of people here. Just reading back on the running commentary that a lot of posters gave last night. I'm not shocked none of ye were actually at the game cause ye havent an absolute clue what ye are talking about. Berating lads like O'Connor etc who yes were not having their best games but they were working their bollix off and in the end dug out a massive massive win. Lads 18,19,20 years of age are not going to be the finished article and will make mistakes particulary around decision making but as usual the clowns posting here find it apt to write them off and talk pure and utter dung about young fellas in the second half. Tis clear to see most of ye spreading slurry didnt do much hurling in yere day.
I wasn't there...age has caught up with me and will with you in time
I enjoy match on tv now as much as when I played...No one is writing anyone off here
Why would they
It was a brilliant match and two great teams
We beat them by 30 points at u17 so they did improve

I was at the game last night so wasn't posting on here as I was actually watching the game unlike a lot of people here. Just reading back on the running commentary that a lot of posters gave last night. I'm not shocked none of ye were actually at the game cause ye havent an absolute clue what ye are talking about. Berating lads like O'Connor etc who yes were not having their best games but they were working their bollix off and in the end dug out a massive massive win. Lads 18,19,20 years of age are not going to be the finished article and will make mistakes particulary around decision making but as usual the clowns posting here find it apt to write them off and talk pure and utter dung about young fellas in the second half. Tis clear to see most of ye spreading slurry didnt do much hurling in yere day.
Erah get off your high horse boy. There's multiple reasons someone couldn't get to the game last night.

Club, Family or work commitments for a start. A cost of living crisis also and lots more Cork games this year fingers crossed.

Does that make anyone less of a Gael / hurler than yourself. Give it a rest.

In terms of the nature of posts criticising players...its a discussion forum. There will be good, bad and unfortunately some awful posts. The exact same as some of live comments at a match.

Best off ignoring most of what's posted when people have half an eye on the game and are intent on getting stuck on seconds worth of small mistakes in a match that's being played at lightening speed.

Think we have some excellent prospects throughout that team, some brilliant defending and scoring - great tackling, ball winning, rucking, passing and speed on display.
Absolutely electric to watch when they are in full flow.

Fantastic win last night. Every player done their bit to help claim this victory. Management made big calls and the players responded with a huge last 15mins. With the seniors playing Clare on Sunday this will help boost our confidence heading to Ennis Sunday.

Some nice hurlers on that team last night. Captain Mullins has a serious work engine and can take a lot of punishment from opposition. Its not a case of will Cunningham make senior step , but when is the right time. I think like previous post suggested, finish out the u.20 campaign and build from that. Think Downey would have benefited from a game last night from the Tipp Senior game last week. Darragh O Sullivan and Diarmuid Healy have potential to push on up the ranks and another full year at 20's next year will help them a lot.

Was at the game last night lads and I have to say I was very proud to be a Corkman leaving that stadium - true the lads put themselves in a very sticky position and I would question the tactic of letting the full back line run up the field with the puckouts but Clare were a very good side and we showed some of the old Cork hurling traits - huge character, strong finish, increased intensity, no panic, skill under pressure and intelligence on the ball.

We saw exactly the same thing from our seniors in the last 10 minutes against Tipp lads so we are slowly getting back to where we used to be and isn’t it great to see.

No County will fancy playing any Cork hurling team that displays the type of character we saw from those lads last night. We are developing the right type of players to wear that red jersey and the Minors aren’t dead yet either as they displayed a different type of character to even compete in their final last week.

Corcaigh Abu and well done to the players and to Ben and his management team

Here are a few stats from Cork's lack of success between 2010-2016 and then our success between 2017-2023. Definitely a massive improvement since 2017.

2010 - 2016

Munster Minor winners 2010 - 2016

2010 Clare
2011 Clare
2012 Tipp*
2013 Limerick (*Wford won AI)
2014 Limerick
2015 Tipp
2016 Tipp*

Munster U21 winners 2010 - 2016

2010 Tipp*
2011 Limerick
2012 Clare*
2013 Clare*
2014 Clare*
2015 Limerick*
2016 Waterford*

Munster Underage titles 2010-2016 (All Irelands in brackets)

Clare 5 (3)
Tipp 4 (3)
Limerick 4 (1)
Waterford 1 (2)
Cork 0 (0)

2017 - 2023

Munster Minor winners 2017-2023

2017 Cork* (U17)
2017 Cork
2018 Limerick
2019 Tipp
2020 Limerick
2021 Cork*
2022 Tipp*
2023 Clare

Munster U20/21 winners 2017-2023

2017 Limerick*
2018 Cork (*Tipp won AI)
2019 Tipp*
2020 Cork*
2021 Cork*
2022 Limerick
2023 Cork

Munster Underage titles 2017-2023 (All Irelands in brackets)

Cork 7 (4)
Limerick 4 (1)
Tipp 3 (3)
Clare 1 (0)
Waterford 0 (0)

*All Ireland winners that year

Massive improvements being made at underage. We are now feared by everyone at underage again. Hopefully that fear will translate to senior in the coming years.

Last edited:
Yes Lost 2 in a row to Cahill and then won 2 in a row. Imagine we didnt make a final 1998 to 2018.
monkey-frank.gif

Those two losses to Cahill really stung. I was like a dog going out of Limerick.
I wasn't there...age has caught up with me and will with you in time
I enjoy match on tv now as much as when I played...No one is writing anyone off here
Why would they
It was a brilliant match and two great teams
We beat them by 30 points at u17 so they did improve
Clare nearly had it won last night, they have improved a lot and a lesser team would have buckled after the goal but these Cork lads have that bit extra. They're exciting to watch and have always been exciting. Lots of work to do but hopefully they will go all the way now.

I hope it's Offaly in Thurles but we'll have to wait and see

Was at the game last night lads and I have to say I was very proud to be a Corkman leaving that stadium - true the lads put themselves in a very sticky position and I would question the tactic of letting the full back line run up the field with the puckouts but Clare were a very good side and we showed some of the old Cork hurling traits - huge character, strong finish, increased intensity, no panic, skill under pressure and intelligence on the ball.

We saw exactly the same thing from our seniors in the last 10 minutes against Tipp lads so we are slowly getting back to where we used to be and isn’t it great to see.

No County will fancy playing any Cork hurling team that displays the type of character we saw from those lads last night. We are developing the right type of players to wear that red jersey and the Minors aren’t dead yet either as they displayed a different type of character to even compete in their final last week.

Corcaigh Abu and well done to the players and to Ben and his management team
Well said RHB, it’s great to see that belief starting to return

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Seeger Sessions Revival (Bruce Springsteen)

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼