Cork u20 Football 2024

Lads this team is no good there’s numerous fellas on this panel who have yet to play with there clubs first team simply not good enough and they leave fellas off the pannel then who dominate for there clubs first team in my opinion leaving out the likes of Donovan from barryroe and gough from clonakilty is crazy what’s with the st micheals byist iswell like there’s 6 on the pannel and only 2 of them have played with the first team simply not good enough
I'm guessing as Bishopstown won 2 u21 City championships in a row (23 and 24) that a good lash of those players are possibly overage for u20 in 2024?

Lads this team is no good there’s numerous fellas on this panel who have yet to play with there clubs first team simply not good enough and they leave fellas off the pannel then who dominate for there clubs first team in my opinion leaving out the likes of Donovan from barryroe and gough from clonakilty is crazy what’s with the st micheals byist iswell like there’s 6 on the pannel and only 2 of them have played with the first team simply not good enough
4 of the 5 have played senior championship im sure. Just the goalie that hasn’t, can be tough to break through as a young goalie with a club sometimes.

Barrs C O Sullivan R Barrett M Aherm, O Donovan Bishopstown Foley Douglas Byrne Ballinora off the top of my head, also A O Sullivan ballinhassg is a serious footballer

Darragh is on the extended panel. I actually saw the u21 city final 6 weeks ago and he was poor and taken off. The lad has lost form, that can happen
Wasn't at the game but isn't that the game Odhran Foley got Man of the Match, he isn't in this Cork U-20 set up either although he was a Cork minor last year?

I mentioned here when this panel was announced that there were a load of players on last years panel or extended panel not with this years panel e.g. Oisin O'Sullivan and Joey Gibson come to my head but there's more.

Alan O'Connell scored a brilliant goal in defeating Kerry at minor a few years back in a MOM performance and he's another not involved along with Colm Gillespie of course.

Wasn't at the game but isn't that the game Odhran Foley got Man of the Match, he isn't in this Cork U-20 set up either although he was a Cork minor last year?

I mentioned here when this panel was announced that there were a load of players on last years panel or extended panel not with this years panel e.g. Oisin O'Sullivan and Joey Gibson come to my head but there's more.

Alan O'Connell scored a brilliant goal in defeating Kerry at minor a few years back in a MOM performance and he's another not involved along with Colm Gillespie of course.
Alan O' Connell has had lingering hamstring injuries for over 6 months, at least. My understanding is that is why he is not involved. Great player.

I questioned the Colm Gillespie situation here previously, very unusual. With the current player pathway, a starter at u17 is almost guaranteed to progress to the U20 panel when his age comes around. Maybe the tide is turning or else this management team aren't afraid to be brave.

Well spotted regarding J. Gibson and O. O' Sullivan. That said, I never saw the crazy hype generated over Joey, good from dead balls but really?

Darragh is on the extended panel. I actually saw the u21 city final 6 weeks ago and he was poor and taken off. The lad has lost form, that can happen
Darragh is a great player was carrying an injury that day but still played , was one of the best out of the cork 20s on display in the semi against Michaels and had an excellent corn ui mhuiri and simcox campaigns , wouldn’t write him off just yet , is concentrating on leaving cert this year as far as I have heard

Cork lacking huge drive out there yesterday. A lot of backward football and very little leadership. Colm Gillespie was captain vs Kerry in the Munster minor final in 2022 hitting two monster points, showing leadership but also not having too carry the ball into the 13 yard line. Cork had two very small half forwards although they worked like dogs, you’d be thinking the likes of Gillespie or gough would be more imposing figures and push the other lads into the corners or other positions. Bishopstown and the Barrs winning this ages competitions in u20 and minor and no showing from either team. Winning is embedded into these players surely the likes Kevin murphy, matthew ahern, darragh o donovan should be there. Cork will probably meet Kerry again, this time with Rory o Shaunashey and darragh sheedy but will be a tough ask down in Killarney.

Interesting that. A few recent posts on some other forum talk about the massive influence U18 minors are going to have being able to play on the junior A championships. Here we have county U20 not even making the club teams.

Lads like there’s 2 fellas from the Barrs John wiggninton Barrett and Jerry Murphy who both played senior with the Barrs last year and didn’t even get a sniff of the pannel I totally think if we could pick the right team here we could definitely win the all Ireland but definitely think we’ve too many passengers

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

8th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Csm Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼