Cork Minor Hurling 2024

John hadn’t a good way with young fellas 20 years ago. I can’t see what would have changed and I would argue young lads are more challenging to manage now.
Totally agree with this comment and I have a direct connection to this group.No doubt,his commitment was unwavering but at this level and for all the support given by parents etc it needs to better than that.In 2024 you need a mentor who supports and encourages our children.Someone who communicated clearly and regularly.There was a sense that he knew his team from a long way out and there was no changing that.As a parent I couldn't understand the way the non match day players were treated.Why were they not brought along yesterday to be part of a journey they have been part of for nearly three years? All the other counties do it but not John's team.On the way home last night I asked my own lad what would his learning be from being part of this setup?He couldn't volunteer many positives but did say that he wouldn't be as self assured about his ability.Not sour grapes at all and maybe it got them to grow up a bit but there must be a better way of managing young fellas.

Both Munster teams beaten in preliminary QFs today and KK who lost twice in Leinster beat a Dublin team that didn't turn up. And Limerick who were the favourites before the season completely collapsed. Even for minors you couldn't pick a form line in this competition at all.
Very hard to tell with minors....agree 100%.
And wouldn't put any store in what is posted here.This year,before a ball was struck I read that Tipp were shite this year and that their u20's the same.

Totally agree with this comment and I have a direct connection to this group.No doubt,his commitment was unwavering but at this level and for all the support given by parents etc it needs to better than that.In 2024 you need a mentor who supports and encourages our children.Someone who communicated clearly and regularly.There was a sense that he knew his team from a long way out and there was no changing that.As a parent I couldn't understand the way the non match day players were treated.Why were they not brought along yesterday to be part of a journey they have been part of for nearly three years? All the other counties do it but not John's team.On the way home last night I asked my own lad what would his learning be from being part of this setup?He couldn't volunteer many positives but did say that he wouldn't be as self assured about his ability.Not sour grapes at all and maybe it got them to grow up a bit but there must be a better way of managing young fellas.
👍👍

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Abbaesque
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

30th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Civilisation Blooming - Deirdre Frost & Seiko Hayase

The Lavit Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10:30am

More events ▼