Cork minor Football 2022

How many dual stars ?

Looking at the line ups, by my count 9 or 10 starters and 1 sub last night also started or came in for the hurlers.

I wouldn't have any idea of the panels so maybe injuries or age profile lowered that number.

What's impressive for me of the 3-14 they scored in the hurling...2-12 was scored by lads who didn't play in football last night.

That shows there's a lot of talent in each code for Douglas.

Did the Glen St Nicks achieve that? I know the Barrs did in the late 90s but can’t recall the Glen doing it. Could have blocked it from my brain though 😀

I think 12 of the starting team play both, great achievement

2002. Lads like Donal Cronin, Ben Murphy, David Cunningham on those teams I think.

Did the Glen St Nicks achieve that? I know the Barrs did in the late 90s but can’t recall the Glen doing it. Could have blocked it from my brain though 😀

I think 12 of the starting team play both, great achievement
Cant find the hurling report but here's the football one when they beat Ballincollig. From what i remember, that team did dual counties u14 to u21?

On their centenary year, St Nick’s made it a double — adding the football championship to their recently acquired hurling title.

Big win for Douglas, they gave Valleys a drubbing in the u16 final as well last year. Obviously a talented group, most clubs would see at least 6/7 guys from that kind of team progress to senior level and would probably end up building a team around them for years to come. Douglas seem to have almost so much talent they don’t know what to do with them.

Joe Hartnett would be a brother of Niall and Brian if appearances are anything to go by, I presume? Looks a good player.

Wait until they go senior and will be forced to choose hurling of football. Those in charge of douglas are a disgrace and long may it continue
Could never figure out the arrogance of the Douglas lads. No Senior county in either code yet you'd swear they were the No.1 team in Cork. Bizarre.

Cant find the hurling report but here's the football one when they beat Ballincollig. From what i remember, that team did dual counties u14 to u21?

On their centenary year, St Nick’s made it a double — adding the football championship to their recently acquired hurling title.

That was a fine Glen/St Nicks team

They never won under 21 hurling/football double

Counties 2001 hurling 2003 football

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼