Cork minor Football 2022

Derry look very well coached, great off the ball running in every attack, pushing up on Cork kick-outs in the first half and otherwise forming a good defensive block. Great point by Hayes there, but unless Derry tire badly Cork won't catch them.

Cork 0-6 ; 0-12 Derry.

Poor shooting and an over indulgence of the handpass cost them badly. Defence played well but attack not up to much although Colm Gillespie and Brian Hayes have potential.

A huge disappointing way to end the season and another big enough loss to Ulster county
At least they finished well enough and its great to be Munster Champions ...
Hom many are underage next year CORIONAN 1 ?
I know Gearoid Daly is a great bit of stuff with huge potential ...how about Ed Myers ? is he underage.

A huge disappointing way to end the season and another big enough loss to Ulster county
I know Gearoid Daly is a great bit of stuff with huge potential ...how about Ed Myers ? is he underage.
Ed is over age next year.
The lads found it hard to cope with the defensive wall but it was still not a bad year.
I think Derry will be eventual champions but we'll see.

The keeper, O’Brien, O’Donovan and Kearney are talents and will surely play for Cork again at some level. Very impressed with the keeper’s accuracy at kick-outs in the last two weeks after a tough outing against Tipp. Hard to tell how good the forwards are. Myers is well able to score off both feet and looks an exciting prospect. They didn’t get much of an opportunity with the lack of quality possession they received.

Shane Walsh talked after the Connacht final about the emphasis all the top inter-county teams are putting on speed of transition after turnovers. The lack of speed on transition was a real weakness today and the coaches looked very frustrated on the sideline by some of the decision-making. The backs slowed down the play after winning turnovers and then started to take risks when Derry had 14/15 players behind the ball. They conceded around 20 turnovers in both of the previous games against Kerry and conceded 21 today. It’s hard to challenge for an AI while consistently conceding that total. Outside of O’Brien and O’Donovan none of the backs have looked comfortable in possession.

I didn't come across Ed Myers until this year but if the Dagda is correct about him being overage in 2023 then AFAIK only Gearoid Daly and Sean Coakley from the subs are underage next year.

The County Board and all managements across the board in Cork football need to adress the lack of quality foot passing and poor kicking of scores, an over reliance on working the ball in by handpassing is getting Cork nowhere fast.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼