Cork hurlings next manager

Jesus Christ. I have to say, I am relatively new to the PROC. The appointment of the new manager has been foremost in every rebels mind over the last couple of weeks. I go onto this thread and at least 50% of the posts are lads bitching and fighting. From the outside looking in ye are like a bunch of kids arguing in the schoolyard. Stick to point ffs. Trying to out do each other by virtue of name calling. REALLY. 🙈
Its pathetic isnt it ( I'm right your wrong, I'm clever your not, I'm a real corkman, your a sham FFS). Its "Shameful Shiteeeeeee" ( The Wire ref). Every so often someone calls them out to little effect.

Great appointment, delighted he’s getting a chance. He did great work with the under age and loved watching the u20s last year. Without playing devils advocate I’m a bit curious about the speed of the announcement though. KK only stepped down yesterday. What stopped them casting the net wider to see who was interested and give the short list an interview? Nothing wrong with waiting a few weeks. If nothing else just to give transparency to the whole process. Good luck to him anyway. I hope he can bring the underage work rate to the seniors. Interested to see his back room team as well.

Its pathetic isnt it ( I'm right your wrong, I'm clever your not, I'm a real corkman, your a sham FFS). Its "Shameful Shiteeeeeee" ( The Wire ref). Every so often someone calls them out to little effect.
Well clearly my heartfelt pleadings made a lasting impression 🙈😂

latchico

I believe there was no need to cast the net if Pat Ryan accepted, he had brought more success to Cork hurling than any other and in a very short time. The direct style he brought with the players displaying work rate and enthusiasm was second to none, his appointment is a no brainer really once he felt his health is no longer an issue. I would like to see Wayne Sherlock and Fergal Condon involved in his management team and there should be one other preferably from North or West of the County.

latchico

I believe there was no need to cast the net if Pat Ryan accepted, he had brought more success to Cork hurling than any other and in a very short time. The direct style he brought with the players displaying work rate and enthusiasm was second to none, his appointment is a no brainer really once he felt his health is no longer an issue. I would like to see Wayne Sherlock and Fergal Condon involved in his management team and there should be one other preferably from North or West of the County.
Great choice

latchico

Erra calm down, the guy has zero senior intercounty management experience.

Its a huge step up from u20 and theres no guarantee it will be a smooth transition.

I wish him all the best but lets not get carried away.

Pat Ryan just announced with a 3 year term, fantastic appointment and best of luck

Think he has a great CV. He's guided Sars to Senior Counties, and Cork to two U-20s. He knows the talent coming through, and he knows how to manage guys from their teens to their mid 30s on how to win. I felt a lot more confident when I heard of his appointment than I did on a number of others.

A three year contract. Well in fairness he's being given a good chance, and don't know what it is but I think this is a crucial and correct appointment. This is something the CCB executive (subject to ratification tonight) have gotten very right imho.

Best of luck to him and his backroom staff and every Cork team they manage.

FW2JF3CWYAAhr4K

Short thread wasn't it Dan, you absolute mong😂😂

In fairness to ya Earl, you called that one bang on. Though it was always going to be discussed at the delegate's meeting tonight the CCB exec have gotten their ducks in a row early and I think he'll get a unanimous vote

Great appointment, delighted he’s getting a chance. He did great work with the under age and loved watching the u20s last year. Without playing devils advocate I’m a bit curious about the speed of the announcement though. KK only stepped down yesterday. What stopped them casting the net wider to see who was interested and give the short list an interview? Nothing wrong with waiting a few weeks. If nothing else just to give transparency to the whole process. Good luck to him anyway. I hope he can bring the underage work rate to the seniors. Interested to see his back room team as well.

As some here pointed out it's looking more and more as if the extra time for KK was merely a ruse. Though they said it was to let KK do the honourable thing and resign rather than be shown the door it looks like it was a ruse used by the CCB exec to deflect attention away from the fact that they were running the rule over and sounding out potential candidates in the background.

I think Ryan is the best possible candidate for the job. Hopefully he'll pick the best back-room team to help him.

We, and more importantly, the players, have been spared the speculation and internecine strife of looking for a manager from a welter of potential candidates, both inside and outside the county, as one media outlet after another would try fill their copy or time with wild speculation, and old grudges would be remembered and restoked.

CCB have been clever in how they've done it imho, and more importantly have appointed the best man for the job.

This is a positive step for Cork Hurling!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼