Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The same two players were involved in an incident where Hogan defended Connolly perfectly, not an easy job, and came out with a free and a yellow which led to Horgan's 2nd goal.
Cleary was yellow carded for his first pull back on Connolly
Eoin Downey conceded 4 frees in the first 20 minutes including ploughing through O Donnell's back and wasn't yellow carded.

Reidy was spun around like Rob Downey was trying to do the siege of Ennis with him then Shanagher was pulled down in the square but still scored a goal resulting in a free out for cork.

Its absolutely dumb to be trying to make the case that Owens reduced corks chances of winning. He didn't

I don't believe I made any such case. All I mentioned was that Cahalane got a yellow card from an almost identical incident.

The same two players were involved in an incident where Hogan defended Connolly perfectly, not an easy job, and came out with a free and a yellow which led to Horgan's 2nd goal.
Cleary was yellow carded for his first pull back on Connolly
Eoin Downey conceded 4 frees in the first 20 minutes including ploughing through O Donnell's back and wasn't yellow carded.

Reidy was spun around like Rob Downey was trying to do the siege of Ennis with him then Shanagher was pulled down in the square but still scored a goal resulting in a free out for cork.

Its absolutely dumb to be trying to make the case that Owens reduced corks chances of winning. He didn't
There is no way that should have been a free, it happened right in front of me, ED was coming out with eyes on ball jumped to win it (and did) and O'Donnell slowed down to initiate the contact, A card handed out for that was absolutely crazy.

I agree with you though that Owens was equally bad for both teams to be fair.

There is no way that should have been a free, it happened right in front of me, ED was coming out with eyes on ball jumped to win it (and did) and O'Donnell slowed down to initiate the contact, A card handed out for that was absolutely crazy.

I agree with you though that Owens was equally bad for both teams to be fair.
It was a dive. While a class player, Clares SOD dives way too much. Its not to be admired. Alot of top teams do it but Clare have really bought into it.

See young Hogan during the Fitz final, dive after dive, crazy stuff.

If, as you now claim, you were speaking for yourself and "no one else" why did you use "we" five times in your post? 🤷‍♂️
If as I now claim? Are you slow or what? I live in Cork, I support cork, it’s a natural thing to say we
I wish we had a panel full of players with a great work ethic but no we don't. But that's not to say WE don't appreciate players with great work ethic.
I didn’t see much appreciation for Deccie Dalton over the last 5 years. Too slow, his hurling isn’t fast enough, doesn’t have the temperament for inter county hurling, that’s all I heard. Pity WE didn’t appreciate him a few years earlier isn’t it. Tim O Mahony is another one we dismiss too easy because he might do some rash things. He has the heart of a lion
I'd also love if we had every player with the heart of Damien Cahalane, but again we don't, and again that's not to say WE don't appreciate players with great heart.
Every player on the cork panel should be bursting a gut every time they put on the cork jersey. If it’s not in them they should be replaced by someone else who has it. That team we picked for Waterford was lacking that in spades.

I don't believe I made any such case. All I mentioned was that Cahalane got a yellow card from an almost identical incident.
He's no interest in engaging in good faith Insta.
He's got some chip on his shoulder about Cork fans being supportive of Cork hurling and exhibiting bog standard supporter biases on a Cork forum.
He's set himself up to shoot that s**t down :cool:

He's been spamming the place since Clare won, not much from him beforehand apart from multiple posts obsessessing about Buckley diving in the U20 game.

He seems to be mainlining on thumbs ups and lols from a couple of acolytes on here, so it's unlikely he'll disappear until Clare get bet again.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

3rd Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼