Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I dont think there is a physicality gap of huge significance. There may be a stamina gap through that physicality though. Clare were able to sustain it for 70 which is why we can stay with Limerick. This is the area where the red card probably hurt. Looking at O Donnells goal though , a lot of cork players didnt put effort into getting back

This is one of the reasons why cork need to settle on a selection
Is that the game with a 9 point swing to Limerick with c. 10+ mins of regular time left? 😆 Keep it up spoofer.

View attachment 32393

I do believe Cahalane got yellow for almost the exact same thing.

The same two players were involved in an incident where Hogan defended Connolly perfectly, not an easy job, and came out with a free and a yellow which led to Horgan's 2nd goal.
Cleary was yellow carded for his first pull back on Connolly
Eoin Downey conceded 4 frees in the first 20 minutes including ploughing through O Donnell's back and wasn't yellow carded.

Reidy was spun around like Rob Downey was trying to do the siege of Ennis with him then Shanagher was pulled down in the square but still scored a goal resulting in a free out for cork.

Its absolutely dumb to be trying to make the case that Owens reduced corks chances of winning. He didn't

The same two players were involved in an incident where Hogan defended Connolly perfectly, not an easy job, and came out with a free and a yellow which led to Horgan's 2nd goal.
Cleary was yellow carded for his first pull back on Connolly
Eoin Downey conceded 4 frees in the first 20 minutes including ploughing through O Donnell's back and wasn't yellow carded.

Reidy was spun around like Rob Downey was trying to do the siege of Ennis with him then Shanagher was pulled down in the square but still scored a goal resulting in a free out for cork.

Its absolutely dumb to be trying to make the case that Owens reduced corks chances of winning. He didn't
For the Downey one, I could be mistaken but did Owens raise the arm to play advantage and then not call it back when the play broke down? One of the few times when Clare got their game mgt wrong; though Owens should have pulled it back for the free anyway.

For the Shanagher one he indicated over carrying for his free out rationale. It looked an ok goal to me.

Is that the game with a 9 point swing to Limerick with c. 10+ mins of regular time left? 😆 Keep it up spoofer.
yes. That wasn't a matter of fitness. we were in control of the game, though limerick were hurling better in the previous 5 or 6 minutes they were still well behind
The two goals came so quickly that RTE had to cut short the replay of the first one to show the second one .
It was a huge hammer blow which shook the team badly and we fell asunder mentally conceding a third goal stupidly although we did manage to tack on a few scores after.

That was the big concern for Clare supporters going to cork. Whether we could handle it.
7 down after the 65 it looked like we were in bother but the teams mental strength was fine.

I am more than happy to listen to your alternative analysis of the game though , if you have any

For the Downey one, I could be mistaken but did Owens raise the arm to play advantage and then not call it back when the play broke down? One of the few times when Clare got their game mgt wrong; though Owens should have pulled it back for the free anyway.

For the Shanagher one he indicated over carrying for his free out rationale. It looked an ok goal to me.
no.
That was all the one move. he gave a free out for overcarrying v shanagher, he didnt give reidy an advantage.
I think he was going to let ye hit the free into the square until the clare players went nuts over the reidy pull back and he blew it up after the free was hit and Cork fans started booing him , which was a quite amusing after the goal being disallowed

yes. That wasn't a matter of fitness. we were in control of the game, though limerick were hurling better in the previous 5 or 6 minutes they were still well behind
The two goals came so quickly that RTE had to cut short the replay of the first one to show the second one .
It was a huge hammer blow which shook the team badly and we fell asunder mentally conceding a third goal stupidly although we did manage to tack on a few scores after.

That was the big concern for Clare supporters going to cork. Whether we could handle it.
7 down after the 65 it looked like we were in bother but the teams mental strength was fine.

I am more than happy to listen to your alternative analysis of the game though , if you have any
I didn’t see the game so cannot offer any insights beyond what I saw on highlights and the final score. Radio commentary was completely sub-par also (stuck in traffic outside dungarvan). In fairness, i think a better gauge of Clare’s mental strength is the limerick game rather than a watery Cork team. Still, coming from 7 back to win pretty comfortably was a good result. As I say, I can’t see beyond Clare Lim as Munster and AI finalists.

no.
That was all the one move. he gave a free out for overcarrying v shanagher, he didnt give reidy an advantage.
I think he was going to let ye hit the free into the square until the clare players went nuts over the reidy pull back and he blew it up after the free was hit and Cork fans started booing him , which was a quite amusing after the goal being disallowed
Ok. I was thinking of an earlier incident of a similar pull back / swing that he played on for.

I dont think there is a physicality gap of huge significance. There may be a stamina gap through that physicality though. Clare were able to sustain it for 70 which is why we can stay with Limerick. This is the area where the red card probably hurt. Looking at O Donnells goal though , a lot of cork players didnt put effort into getting back

This is one of the reasons why cork need to settle on a selection
I think it was more some got caught out of position leaving a large gap of space as a result of being down to 14 than lack of effort tbh

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼