Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Davy with Ben as his number 2 would be a very strong appointment. Far stronger than what we have at present. If some generous business person could back our heroes I am sure we would be back up the steps of the Hogan stand very soon. As it stand we may get used to being out of the championship in April if we persist with those who have failed year in year out .
Ah this is a piss take surely? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Davy with Ben as his number 2 would be a very strong appointment. Far stronger than what we have at present. If some generous business person could back our heroes I am sure we would be back up the steps of the Hogan stand very soon. As it stand we may get used to being out of the championship in April if we persist with those who have failed year in year out .

Maybe we could get a Medium to get in touch with Canon O'Brien also to make to it an unbeatable trio ?

With respect to all, that was an absolutely maddening display yesterday full of so many of the same inadequacies we have seen for years, but it is just one match.

Clare did very well last year after being beaten the first day out. Cork with mostly the same players recovered well from first day defeats in 2021 and 2022. We thumped Waterford the first day last year and didn't win another game. Also Waterford have some very good players who have won most of the prizes in the game including leagues and fitzgibbons and club all irelands and were probably considered to be Limerick's closest challengers for the period from 2020 to 2022 with much the same team. With them playing well, a very conservative and ultimately proven poor Cork team selection, a major misfire on the day and a couple of pivotal refereeing decisions that went against us (I see even Brian Gavin thought both calls against Cork players were a mistake) we lost a tight game by a narrow margin.

The management have to take responsibility for this loss and I've no doubt they will. They have their own achievements which are many and a broader (if not definitely deeper-we won't know that until it's tested) pool of talent to pick from than we've had for a long time. The time to pass judgment is the end of the season. I think lads calling for sackings and Davy Fitz (!!) and an uprising against the board should probably cool the jets for another month at least.

The only man that stood up yesterday was a Rockie. We are going nowhere until we have 4 or 5 Blackrock men on the panel. The best club team in Cork over the last half decade, none of this junior club bollocks
Anyone from Blackrock that has been called up in recent years outside Alan Connolly has proved to not be up to the standard and that’s no disrespect to those players.
I can name 4 that have since been dropped or left on their own accord.

So this is a bury the head in sand Comment and not acknowledge the real issues.

Lots of people on griping about TOC going back wing-back. It was obvious at the start of the second half that he was assigned the role of man-marking Jamie Barron (who is smaller than him) as he was causing fierce trouble. That's how he ended up in the half-back line.
PR & co have gotten a lot wrong but I wouldn't blame them for that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Club 30 - An Over 30s Evening Club!

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼