Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It wouldn’t surprise me to see all 3 of Hoggie Harnedy & Lehane start come championship & we’ll maybe see Kingston start with them. Nothing that Ryan has shown since he came into the job would show that he’s trying to do any kind of rebuild, just a younger lad will force his way in here or there. It’s too late for Pat to start that now even if he wanted.
The next manager will be the one to do the rebuild.

It’s early days yet re Coleman, they may be just easing him back in in a familiar position before looking at him midfield. But they may also be set on playing him at 7.

I too would worry about him being targeted but on the plus side wing backs get a lot of time on the ball in space and can deliver quality ball into the fowards or even tack over a few points. No one better than Mark at that
I see your points but we have to start picking defenders who can defend IMO.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see all 3 of Hoggie Harnedy & Lehane start come championship & we’ll maybe see Kingston start with them. Nothing that Ryan has shown since he came into the job would show that he’s trying to do any kind of rebuild, just a younger lad will force his way in here or there. It’s too late for Pat to start that now even if he wanted.
The next manager will be the one to do the rebuild.
Rebuild, we have four players in their thirties
I’d say Pat Ryan would burst his hole if he read the absolute shit and nonsense posted here.
🤣🤣

IMO the jury is still out on Twomey, yes he did well the last day. Well. He was half forward, what did he score ? I'm not knocking the lad, I hope he goes on to be an all time great. But as far as him being a nailed on starter I'm not so sure.
He set up the goal - with a perfectly legal handpass! I like what I've seen of Sean Twomey so far. He's out in front of his man and can gather the ball without fumbling. Sometimes you don't get a clear chance to score; then you give the ball to a team mate. He did all that. If he always plays the way he played the last day, I would always be happy to see him on the team.

He set up the goal - with a perfectly legal handpass! I like what I've seen of Sean Twomey so far. He's out in front of his man and can gather the ball without fumbling. Sometimes you don't get a clear chance to score; then you give the ball to a team mate. He did all that. If he always plays the way he played the last day, I would always be happy to see him on the team.
Well said T, spot on .

We also put him in the FF line in the second half and played every ball low into the corner for him, which isn't his natural game and he still won the ball the majority of time.

Play him WF, let him play and fight for the team like he does naturally. He's definitely worth another few games imo

People constantly on here moaning whenever Hoggie and Lehane are playing. I couldn't care less how old they and Harnedy are. Presuming the lads that aren't involved at the weekend have some injuries, there's 5 forwards on the bench for the weekend (Meade, Cahalane, Cotter, Kingston and Connolly). For the people complaining about the lads starting, which 2 or 3 of them do you want to start ahead of the lads either on Sunday or for the Championship?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Insiders!

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼