Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Very unfair comparison. Conor was untouchable as an underage player and was leapfrogged straight into the cork team after minor as the new saviour of Cork hurling

Colin didn’t play a league game, he was given a 5 minute cameo at the end of that Offaly game and showed enough to me on the day that he had potential but did need to bulk up. He never got another chance

No harm at all to bring him into the squad now and let him show what he can do. He might be good enough now, he might not, or he might develop in the next year or so, or he might not, but at least let’s have a look at him

They are totally different players. If the bar is raised as high as Conor at 21 we won’t have enough players to fulfill a team ffs 🤣
👍

t

I fcuking hope not, the lad needs plenty of recovery to get himself right
Taking your word on this and his prognosis is no business of mine. He is so unlucky again this year as I reckon he could be a potential star if injury free.

I wonder is there anyone in the Caroline Currid role helping lads with dealing with some of these difficulties which need dealing with from many angles.

Taking your word on this and his prognosis is no business of mine. He is so unlucky again this year as I reckon he could be a potential star if injury free.

I wonder is there anyone in the Caroline Currid role helping lads with dealing with some of these difficulties which need dealing with from many angles.
I’m not saying he’s out long term, just saying they need to be very careful in not rushing him back too soon, let him get 100% fit first

Caroline Currid would be too costly for Cork GAAs budget I’d imagine at this stage. She is the best of the best and the corporates will gladly pay handsomely for a few days of her expertise.

There hasn't been a huge amount of experimentation thus far, especially compared to last year. Off the top of my head, Mullins has been the only player to make his league debut. Last year there were several. Or look at the twenty players Cork used Vs KK - only two (Eoin Roche and O'Callaghan) hadn't played championship hurling. Management have clearly decided to try to bed in a more settled side this year, making adjustments rather thsn wholesale changes from game to game while working around injuries and Fitzgibbon. Imo this is the right approach - my disagreements concern specific selection choices, e g., O'Callaghan at midfield last day and O'Mahony not at wing-forward.
37 were named on a league squad.
The following have not played in the two games: S Harnedy, D O'Leary, D Fitzgibbon, D Dalton, D Cahalane, C McCarthy, C Cahalane, B Saunderson, B Cunningham, A Connolly.
R Cotter, M Mullins and J O'Connor got a few minutes.
The standard, if not the form, of the majority is known but C McC, BS, RC & MM have not been tested at IC level and BC & DOL have little experience.
We need to field a strong team v Waterford but one or two could be tried and possibly the same v Wexford. I doubt if we'd learn anything v Offaly.

For Waterford

Saunderson
O Callaghan Damo Cathal McCarthy

Daire O L Joyce Millerick

Coleman Fitzgibbon

Twomey Harnedy Mullins

Hayes Barrett Hoggie

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..