Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Spot on twicey, but some on here want to pick dancers rather than dogs of war, absolute madness! You have to first be able to compete with Limerick on even terms and then take them on. Clare, Tipperary and even Waterford have shown how it’s done, have we that capability? Without the right team no, with the right team possibly
Oh ffs.
Dancers.
What feckin dancers do we have?
Waterford showed feck all in the grand scheme of things given they couldn't put the scores on the board against 14 man Limerick.
I don't know where you think we're getting the players that will out brute Limerick on Sunday.
We're not on even terms with them in terms of physical stature and physical strength and that is just fact.
Nobody is suggesting that we don't engage with them, or not go in hard as nails in the challenges and rucks, but the notion that we're set up squad wise to get the better of them on that front alone is laughable.

Both goalies, Mullins, Healy, Colin Walsh along with E Downey and Cunningham who are already involved with the seniors. Ben OC if he wasn't gone playing rugby. There will be much more from that team that could make the step up but some are still really young [Wilk, O Sullivan] and others while being unbelievable talents [Buckley, Leahy] will benefit physically from an extra year U20.

Colin Walsh is nowhere near a Senior IC hurler this year or the next few years. He's big but has absolutely zero hurling. Not knocking the lad but i just dont see what others see in him. Mullins will defiantly be capable of a step up but i fear once he is finished this year with 20's he will be lost after that. He has no college hurling to help him progress. Alot of players these days once they hit 19/20 have fitzgibbon hurling to help their progression over the next 2/3 years. If they dont have that they need to rely on their club and playing Seandun junior league wont help him progress, but he is a serious prospect for Cork. Like i said before, its a case of when will Cunningham play senior IC. I like the look of this lad. big strong with plenty of hurling. will be exciting to see him playing senior IC hurling maybe before the summer is out.

I agree MALLOW,

Another issue with Micheal Mullins is he typical of the type of player Cork have plenty of, although there's a toughness about him and he's quick he tends to run with almost every ball he gets.

Colin Walsh is nowhere near a Senior IC hurler this year or the next few years. He's big but has absolutely zero hurling. Not knocking the lad but i just dont see what others see in him. Mullins will defiantly be capable of a step up but i fear once he is finished this year with 20's he will be lost after that. He has no college hurling to help him progress. Alot of players these days once they hit 19/20 have fitzgibbon hurling to help their progression over the next 2/3 years. If they dont have that they need to rely on their club and playing Seandun junior league wont help him progress, but he is a serious prospect for Cork. Like i said before, its a case of when will Cunningham play senior IC. I like the look of this lad. big strong with plenty of hurling. will be exciting to see him playing senior IC hurling maybe before the summer is out.
Not knocking the lad but he has zero hurling 😂😂.

I agree MALLOW,

Another issue with Micheal Mullins is he typical of the type of player Cork have plenty of, although there's a toughness about him and he's quick he tends to run with almost every ball he gets.
Mullins looks ready for the jump next year. He's very tigerish in the rucks, and is a brilliant tackler, as well as being a fabulous hurler.

Having said that, we've said this about Ethan Twomey, Brian O'Sullivan and Sam Quirke in midfield and they haven't played a minute in championship this year - which is disappointing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼