Team for next Sunday

Patrick Collins
Niall O Leary- Eoin Downey - Cormac O Brien
Robert Downey - Ciaran Joyce - Damien Cahalane
Ethan Twomey - Brian Roche
Conor Cahalane - Conor Lehane - Brian Hayes
Shane Kingston - Paudie Power - Shane Barrett

I don’t know how I am leaving Tommy O Connell off the team to be honest
That must be the fourth game in a row that you have Conor Cahalane starting in your "team for next Sunday". He has shown very little to deserve a place starting in this game next week. Surely Tim O'Mahony, Darragh Fitz, even Jack O'Connor (put Barrett on the HF line) would be more deserving of important game time.

Tommy O'Connell has to be in the team somewhere, but you have Damien over him at 7 and Ethan over him in midfield (btw I love Twomey, I'm delighted that management have persisted with him as he has it all IMO). Damien is also worth looking at but not at the expense of Tommy O'Connell.

Lads come championship there won't hardly one player from last year's County final both clubs, starting. Doesn't say much for the Senior club.Our team has changed very little from the one that lost the 21 final to Limerick. 🙄

Lord almighty, I’m cold to the bones after that day. Ennis is an absolute Kip.

A decent result given the experimental side we had out to be fair. Big test next week. The wife and I are off to Kilkenny for the 10 year wedding anniversary, she’s in for some land when I tell her the intinerary has changed somewhat.

Injuries are a huge concern, wondering is it bad luck or are the s&c team pushing it too much. I would lean to the former but given we were so heavy legged last week it could be either.

Power had a fine game today, he’s putting his hand up now. Twomey worked a lot of ball but I feel he’s a year off nailing down a first 15 spot, especially given Roche is looking like he is nailed on at this stage. He was my MOTM today. Hayes just looks too casual for me and I just don’t rate him as high as many here. I feel we have much better options in both full and half forward lines.

JOC showed up positively in patches, Cadogan will be disappointed with the day out. Wouldnt be surprised to see both start again next week though as they’re prob the only two that management haven’t given the time to so far.
Just don’t see that to be honest… hoggy, ROF, Barrett, Harnedy, Dalton for sure, but who else is much better ?? He’s a unit, has pace, accurate shooter & big game mentality. He has a languid style alright and often looks like a contender to come off at HT only to get 1-2 in the space of 5 minutes… Waterford have 2 smallish corner backs - could easily see him causing them a lot of problems

Eoin Downey

That must be the fourth game in a row that you have Conor Cahalane starting in your "team for next Sunday". He has shown very little to deserve a place starting in this game next week. Surely Tim O'Mahony, Darragh Fitz, even Jack O'Connor (put Barrett on the HF line) would be more deserving of important game time.

Tommy O'Connell has to be in the team somewhere, but you have Damien over him at 7 and Ethan over him in midfield (btw I love Twomey, I'm delighted that management have persisted with him as he has it all IMO). Damien is also worth looking at but not at the expense of Tommy O'Connell.
Yes they could do that. How in gods name can you say CCahalane has done little to justify a start and in the same sentence suggest Jack O Connor does, we’re you at the game today? Tim O Mahony and Darragh Fitz weren’t fit enough to make the bench today but you think they should start the next day?

BBAWS and UpCork123

Don't worry! Pat Ryan and his selectors will surely know better not to select R&B's lover boy and his brother to start otherwise Cork hurling is going nowhere fast. If Ben O'Connor is available R&B will probably drop Ciaran Joyce. The same problem is on the Football forums with a poster from Clonakilty.😯

I thought they're might have been streaming options for both games today. Unfortunately not...hopefully RTE or TG4 have some highlights on their relevant shows.

Another game next week, whether it's for players returning from injury or young lads trying to find their feet is a bonus.

Any game in Nolan Park will be a good test of character for lads

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼