Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There are plenty examples of quality club hurlers who could not make the step up to inter county level.

The levels of expectation being heaped on the young shoulders of players like Downey, Hayes,Cunningham ,Ben O Connor, O Leary and others is excessive. Even Ciaran Joyce I think is only 21 and he is expected to star in every game. I think just about all of those mentioned will spend plenty of years in the Red jersey but we must remember Cunningham, O Connor and Downey are all under 20 in 2023.

I understand that this is because we have been starved of success for so long but these lads will be ready when they are ready and maybe in some cases that isn't now.

Interesting to see Limerick name a much stronger team to face Clare this week. They don’t want the neighbours getting any notions! They knew last week Cork would be fielding an inexperienced side and were happy to do likewise.

Limerick team (to play Clare): Nickie Quaid; Sean Finn, Richie English, Fergal O Connor; Colin Coughlan, Dan Morrissey, Kyle Hayes; Darragh O'Donovan, David Reidy; Gearoid Hegarty, Cian Lynch (C), Micheal Houlihan; Shane O’Brien, Seamus Flanagan, Peter Casey.

Interesting to see Limerick name a much stronger team to face Clare this week. They don’t want the neighbours getting any notions! They knew last week Cork would be fielding an inexperienced side and were happy to do likewise.

Limerick team (to play Clare): Nickie Quaid; Sean Finn, Richie English, Fergal O Connor; Colin Coughlan, Dan Morrissey, Kyle Hayes; Darragh O'Donovan, David Reidy; Gearoid Hegarty, Cian Lynch (C), Micheal Houlihan; Shane O’Brien, Seamus Flanagan, Peter Casey.
i see an article about Pat Ryan being dropped from the squad. JP's PR team in full flow to get Aaron G back in the fold.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼