Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Dalton worked his way back from injury early this year, got himself fit but then pulled his hamstring (I think) and was told go way and get yourself fit. Within weeks he was back shooting out the lights with his club but was never invited back on to the cork panel. He was treated appallingly and should never have been let go
That isn't what happened but seeing as the management are gone now what actually happened is irrelevant.

Average height? Have you ever stood next to the man? He’s a monster

You’re worse than the outgoing cork management listening too much to online criticism 🤣
he is 6ft tall ffs
what are you a midget

we are talking about intercounty senior hurling here not the cork under 14s
he is not a big lad by intercounty standards
jesus

he is 6ft tall ffs
what are you a midget

we are talking about intercounty senior hurling here not the cork under 14s
he is not a big lad by intercounty standards
jesus
dublin-ireland-8-august-2021-declan-dalton-of-cork-celebrates-a-half-picture-id1234575124

Here he is next to Maccy who is 6'2, no much if anything between them height wise
b9aa8e02-fabc-4fce-9117-266d0cdbd5db.jpg

He's 6"2.
I remember a pen picture of him a while back saying he was 1.8 ms
thats 6ft
maybe you can produce something to the contrary but this is interesting

wikipedia mini page

Declan Dalton​

Description​

Declan Dalton is an Irish hurler who plays as a forward for club side Fr. O'Neill's, divisional side Imokilly and at inter-county level with the Cork senior hurling team. Wikipedia
Born: November 6, 1997 (age 24 years), Cork
Height: 1.83 m
Cork titles: 3

but click in and

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]Irish name[/TH]
[TD]Déaglán Daltúin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Sport[/TH]
[TD]Hurling[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Position[/TH]
[TD]Full-forward[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Born[/TH]
[TD]6 November 1997 (age 24)
Ballymacoda County Cork, Ireland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Height[/TH]
[TD]6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Nickname[/TH]
[TD]Deccie[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I wonder is there a bit of generosity going on here as is the norm with lads playing

hes definitely bigger than i thought if he is 6 ft 2.
still not convinced
the photos above are not in any way instructive

Tan seems very concerned about Dalton......the lady doth protest too much methinks....
Concern is a big word, It interests me me that cork people can get so obsessed with the brilliance of a young man that has literally done nothing much so far.

The pressure of this kind of nonsense is ludicrous
Pa O Callaghan was the previous lord god almighty

I wouldnt be making these kind of claims about the impact of Aidan McCarthy in a clare context next year and he has delivered in serious matchs for the clare seniors already before his injury

Concern is a big word, It interests me me that cork people can get so obsessed with the brilliance of a young man that has literally done nothing much so far.

The pressure of this kind of nonsense is ludicrous
Pa O Callaghan was the previous lord god almighty

I wouldnt be making these kind of claims about the impact of Aidan McCarthy in a clare context next year and he has delivered in serious matchs for the clare seniors already before his injury
Where is the pressure? Posters are just saying he should be considered for the panel like lots of other names get thrown about. No one is saying that we are going to win around us with him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Son Of Crazy Chester

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼