Cork Hurlers - Part 2

An in-law of mine has her hands on one. In her 50s. Never played or watched sport in her life. Started going for daily walks back in January and thinks she’s Rob Heffernan now. Will be her first ever time in Croke Park and can only remember ever being at 1 Cork Hurling game as a teen.

Meanwhile, I’m fairly confident I will get a ticket from outside Cork, but also thinking of dropping 300 for that Clare lunch and just taking the ticket 😂

I expect that there will be no change to the starting 15 barring injuries, nor should there be imo.

Ger Millerick could make an argument that there would be no one better than him to man mark Kelly, or even Shane O Donnell.
Ethan Twomey could argue about how good he was in midfield before his injury and both Twomey and Millerick would probably be right but who then loses out, everyone playing last week deserves their place.

An in-law of mine has her hands on one. In her 50s. Never played or watched sport in her life. Started going for daily walks back in January and thinks she’s Rob Heffernan now. Will be her first ever time in Croke Park and can only remember ever being at 1 Cork Hurling game as a teen.

Meanwhile, I’m fairly confident I will get a ticket from outside Cork, but also thinking of dropping 300 for that Clare lunch and just taking the ticket 😂
I know a few fellas who will get tickets and never go to games other than all ireland finals, All about the few pints and the craic,

I know a few fellas who will get tickets and never go to games other than all ireland finals, All about the few pints and the craic,
Sure where do you think all the corporate and sponsor tickets go. For every competition you see online from a business raffling or just for sharing the post there's another 4 or 5 companies that are giving them to people who don't attend matches

The problem is everyone feels they are entitled to a ticket
Ah look more power to her. I hope she enjoys her day out. I shouldn't begrudge anyone wanting to support their county in hurling.

All I know is that I was at the match last Sunday and it was a privilege to be there supporting Cork. What an atmosphere and what a game!

Many were not so lucky to be involved in such an occasion and I'm just glad I was.

Attendance at the final would be a bonus at this stage after an exhilarating championship following Cork!!

Lads serious query here. I’m gonna be in Calpe Spain for the hurling final…😡 an extended family event I can’t get out of. Anyone know if I can use the Rte player with a vpn or something similar? I’ve looked into bars there but no good news about anyone showing it yet.
Train/tram to benidorm cheap if I remember correctly and about an hour . Shamrock bar there shows games ,few cans on train home ,sorted

Anybody who calls themselves a better supporter than anyone else and yet is struggling to find a ticket for the final, all I'll say is why don't you have a season ticket?, there is no financial gain from having one but it certainly makes the season a lot lot easier, Roll on 305 Sunday week, half way up the lower Cusack, if the dugouts were in the Cusack I'd be sitting with the players. 🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼