Cork Hurlers - Part 2

So you’d rather be Liam Cahill?

Having lots of options in multiple positions and strength in depth, is a dream situation for Pat.

Really - who here has posted that Downey was flawless? I think most here accept that Joyce is a good player and we're a much better squad with him than without, and the Downey had two very good performances in the last two games. Where the fanaticism has crept in though is the insistence by some that Joyce MUST start at 6, which is clearly not the case.

You want the TEAM to be better than the sum of the parts. Even if Joyce is better this season at intercounty 6 than Downey (debatable) - the most important thing is the overall package from positions 1-15. If Downey at 6 and Joyce at 9 (for instance) is better in the overall scheme of things then that's how it should be.

Insisting that so-and-so is better individually at 6 (or 3 or 15 etc) than someone else, and as such should start there irrespective of how much better the overall team package might be with someone else playing there and the individual utilized elsewhere is shortsighted.

Put it this way - it was said that John Lennon was a better drummer than Ringo Star, but it's to the benefit of the Beatles that they didn't get hung up on that and they saw the overall package would be better with Lennon playing guitar ;)
Im a better drummer than ringo starr!!

Fellas are losing the plot over Joyce v Downey 🤣

Who in gods name, as claimed, called Joyce the next Corcoran? Nobody in their right mind would even consider that at this stage of Joyce’s career 🤣

On the other hand I suggested here a few months ago that we had an opportunity to try Joyce at midfield. Not one of ye would even consider moving him

And now after two top class team performances some fools are saying Joyce being potentially dropped might do him good

Only on the PROC would you find such wind shifting riding 🤣

Who in gods name, as claimed, called Joyce the next Corcoran? Nobody in their right mind would even consider that at this stage of Joyce’s career 🤣

On the other hand I suggested here a few months ago that we had an opportunity to try Joyce at midfield. Not one of ye would even consider moving him

And now after two top class team performances some fools are saying Joyce being potentially dropped might do him good

What about looking at full back for Joyce. As a sub/yellow card backup at this moment no doubt.

Training will be savage over next few weeks. Pat Ryan will not keep the same starting team if players drop their standard, he has been clear about that, he will reward what he sees in front on him. A vs B challenge games will be intense between guys wanting to keep the jersey, guys wanting to get into the team and guys wanting to make match day panel. He has them where he wants them. Someone pointed out earlier about NOL. His attitude to being dropped has brought him on another level and he was the most consistent back in the round robin. Look at difference in MC, he knows he has to do the dirty work too. PR will want this attitude from all the players.
I hate to rain on everyones parade but there's a 30%ish chance that we won't see Cork play again this year, and after they meet up tonight it could be the last time until November. Just keeping everyones feet on the ground. Hopefully we'll see them in June against Laois I'd say, but still in best case scenario we are two games away from Croker.

Top level Center backs are like buses, you’re waiting ages for one them 2 come along 🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

DJ Mystic Gold

The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼