Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Connolly ahead of any of the inside lads except for gillane of course.

Joyce over Nash or Hannon

Darragh over Reidy (I’m stretching big time on this one)

No there has to be logic here, Joyce is a fine young hurler but hannon is and has been the best centre back in the game and Joyce still has lots of learning.
Connolly over flanagan on current form only, while limerick wouldn’t swap any midfielder or half forward for any cork player

Joyce over Hannon? No chance, I value your opinion here bud but I'm sorry that's just plain wrong.
I wouldn’t counter argue that at all. There isn’t a limerick hurler I have more time for than Hannon, he should have got MOTM in the ‘22 final and maybe HOTY that year.

Highly subjective of course, but I think Joyce and Connolly would get in any team in the country right now. Maybe it would be ahead of Nash or maybe at midfield but Joyce is a top player and a huge loss on Saturday if he’s out.

Actually looking at the potential match ups, I see very few where you’d be confident of the Cork player coming out on top, but Barrett v Hannon is an interesting one. Conlon survived just about, Hannon is slower than Conlon, it’s definitely one you’d say that Cork target.

I'd bring Cahalane in at 6 and let him at it. As for the suggestion of Joyce over Hannon, beer must have been flowing in Castlemartyr when you were typing that.

I'd bring Cahalane in at 6 and let him at it. As for the suggestion of Joyce over Hannon, beer must have been flowing in Castlemartyr when you were typing that.
Agreed but at wing back, Cahalane has played his best for Cork at wing back. I would include him vs Limerick to compete with Hegarty in the air and tell him to follow him.

Hb line vs Lim

DC RD GM

Joyce is a loss if out lads. For me, he was still our best performer in the half back vs Clare.

Hannon has grown into the centre back role hugely, great player. He used to subbed alot at wing forward earlier in his career and struggled.

Joyce is ahead of him when comparing performances at their age but not yet in realtime. This is mostly due to Hannon having an armchair ride with the limerick midfield and half backs beside him.

Play Fitz on him to run at Hannon, he and limerick will drag you down and its yellow and red cards and frees.

Last edited:
Robbie hasn't looked right at all. Before ball was thrown in against waterford I saw him touching the back of his thigh so he was obviously still conscious of it. What a feckin pity. He was playing some magic stuff and turning into a real leader before these spate of injuries started.
Agreed, he was an Al Star nomination in 22 before the fecking injuries.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼