Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Our lads have never lacked hurling ability. Thats part of why we’ve done so well at U20 in the last 7 years, physicality not so important at that level. Our struggle is producing players who can not only play hurling at a top level but can also take the hits and dish a few out too. Not easy I concede.
Different code I know but in the Munster final, The Clare no 7 went through the middle for a goal, took a hit at the end and was knocked off his feet. Didn't look for a free but bounced up and kicked a goal. I doubt he could have bought a free in Clare growing up. As a result the thought of getting a free didn't even enter his mind. Until we have that mentality in our players at club level at all levels from junior b up we are on a hiding to nothing.

I think the point wasn’t the analysis, that was spot on about the goal but not the importance of puck outs. It was the fact that no other pundit on TSG consistently uses the platform to take pot shots at their own county just to create sound bites and boast their own profile. Every Cork player and supporter are hurting after first two games and can do without national ridicule
We'll have to agree to disagree, if the analysis was correct the identity of the messager shouldn't matter, say what you want about Cusack, he's opinionated but can't be accused of being watery like a lot of the other analysts. Sure he has an ego and etc. but so what, he has his all Ireland's won, and you can be sure if that happened on the team he was part of, Kenny, Curran, O'Halpin, and Gardner would have bust a gut to get back in, and Niall /Timmy Mc would have at least slowed Diarmuid Ryan down. Its a bit more of that attitude that the team need and hopefully they will develop, but supporters acting like a shower of Karen's complaining about toxic comments isn't going to help.

We'll have to agree to disagree, if the analysis was correct the identity of the messager shouldn't matter, say what you want about Cusack, he's opinionated but can't be accused of being watery like a lot of the other analysts. Sure he has an ego and etc. but so what, he has his all Ireland's won, and you can be sure if that happened on the team he was part of, Kenny, Curran, O'Halpin, and Gardner would have bust a gut to get back in, and Niall /Timmy Mc would have at least slowed Diarmuid Ryan down. Its a bit more of that attitude that the team need and hopefully they will develop, but supporters acting like a shower of Karen's complaining about toxic comments isn't going to help.
So you think his analysis last night is going help the Cork team this week? My bollix it is.
Its served no purpose other than stroking his own ego at our expense, having yet another dig at Cork hurling.

Last edited:
The first step was to make the championship competitive again with relegation a real threat. That has finally occurred but it will take years to take effect.
Next step is to sort out the refs from juvenile up. It starts with kids being whistled at for everything and goes all the way up to adults and senior level. This rot wouldn't have been allowed anywhere else but in a county with a referee as dictator for nearly 50 years who removed the threat of relegation for his mates.
An outstanding post

So you think his analysis last night is going help the Cork team this week? My bollix it is.
Its served no purpose other than stroking his own ego at our expense, having yet another dig at Cork hurling.
Agree. Could you imagine the likes of Dowling or Eddie Brennan doing the likes of that??? No way
Funnily I could imagine Canning doing something like it alright but he has tamed a bit due to his business interests back in Galway now.
As for the likes of Dakp- And sure ya know like Joanne dayg know now like.. jeanny like

Different code I know but in the Munster final, The Clare no 7 went through the middle for a goal, took a hit at the end and was knocked off his feet. Didn't look for a free but bounced up and kicked a goal. I doubt he could have bought a free in Clare growing up. As a result the thought of getting a free didn't even enter his mind. Until we have that mentality in our players at club level at all levels from junior b up we are on a hiding to nothing.
Different code for sure.

Despite not being able to buy frees since they were old enough to hold a hurley, it seems like a fair few of the Clare hurlers have taken to staying on the ground like ducks to water.

Seems everyone has their own pet reason as to why Cork are on a hiding to nothing.

But his job is to provide analysis, thats what he did, he pointed out something that needs to be corrected so it probably is helpful yes, but if thats the first time any of the boys involved have been called out on it then we're not dealing with a serious setup. If people can't understand that without having panic attacks then it's not the right environment for them

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼