Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Need dogs of War only in midfield. That rules out MC and DF. If PR plays either there, it shows he continues to not learn lessons. Fact is, after a league campaign and 2 C'ship matches, midfield is still a huge problem, which PR has failed to address.
Good point GM & whether by pure coincidence or not but midfield is a massive problem in 5 out of the 6 Cork teams across both codes at 18,20 & senior

Last edited:
I think you underestimate his legs 🤣

There’s no chance the selectors will pick him there but tell me a better option

Never? He came on midfield at half time in the 21 all ireland final on Will O Donoghue and brought plenty of aggression and physicality
I like Damien genuinely but let’s leave him in the full back line.

As for a better combo personally I like TOM & TOC or MC

21 all Ireland final, How did that go ? 🤣

I don't know, he seems to have the legs in football with Castlehaven at midfield/centre back.
Football would be more taxing in my opinion and if he can do it in football I don't see why he couldn't do it in hurling
I think there is a bit of a difference in the requirements of an athlete between playing football for Castlehaven and IC hurling for Cork vs Limerick.

I think there is a bit of a difference in the requirements of an athlete between playing football for Castlehaven and IC hurling for Cork vs Limerick.
Cover way more ground in football at midfield than in hurling.
Does not matter whether it's club or intercounty - it's the nature of the game.

Compare Tommy O Connell Darragh Fitz Mark Coleman etc look to Ian Maguire and Colm O Callaghan, Colm and Ian cover nearly every blade of grass on the pitch.
From being in their own square to the opposition square in the space of a play or 2 plays.
Not often you see the hurling equivalents do the same.

I like Damien genuinely but let’s leave him in the full back line.

As for a better combo personally I like TOM & TOC or MC

21 all Ireland final, How did that go ? 🤣
We all know how it went but you’re the only one laughing about it

TOM and TOC is a good combination. Who plays no 10 then?

He came on at half time and at least he wasn’t afraid of his life of the big bad green men

Limerick have so much quality R&B. We've tried B Roche on Hayes, we still lost. If its DD or SH on Hayes, so be it.
Just because we lost doesn’t mean it didn’t work. Brian and Hayes were right in front of me in the first half and Brian had him very frustrated by just flicking the ball away from him every time. When Brian went off Hayes dominated that wing. He had the legs to get around the pitch whereas Seamus or Deccie wouldn’t.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼