Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I must admit I didn’t hear the Dalo podcast and Landers’ comment about Eoin Downey as referenced by many posters on here but if it is true what he said it is scandalous - has he any idea the tough week the two Downey brothers put down leading up to yesterday’s game following a family tragedy. They showed huge courage in even togging out so for Landers to speak like that about a young 20 year old Cork hurler is totally unacceptable and I hope the podcast listenership vote appropriately with their feet.

I must admit I didn’t hear the Dalo podcast and Landers’ comment about Eoin Downey as referenced by many posters on here but if it is true what he said it is scandalous - has he any idea the tough week the two Downey brothers put down leading up to yesterday’s game following a family tragedy. They showed huge courage in even togging out so for Landers to speak like that about a young 20 year old Cork hurler is totally unacceptable and I hope the podcast listenership vote appropriately with their feet.
I heard the podcast, no idea what you are talking about

I heard the podcast, no idea what you are talking about
All he said was that Downey missed the tackle for David Fitz's goal, and he was at pains to point out that Eoin is a good player and will learn with experience, didn't call or infer anything cowardly.
Separately he said that Cork miss player's willing to "walk on glass" in order to win, which is hard to argue with

Lets be fair here.

All winter and spring, lads on here about about Coleman," our best player", " our most skillful player", some cork supporters adore the lad which is great. Everyone wants him to play well.

But he hasnt played well and its ok to say this, very poor wing back vs wford and also poor midfield when introduced. These are pretty obvious facts.

Its my opinion, on form, he does not deserve to start midfield or wing back for Cork until he can improve his workrate, physicality, and ability to deal with high ball.

What message does it give to the team and TOC and B Roche that Meade and Coleman are introduced before them in a must win game, its very questionable from mgmt.
Watching back the replay of Luke chasing after David Fitz for his goal, I thought that ToC would at least get a bit closer

I think it's more a point that some players here get hauled over the coals and vilified to the high heavens and others can't be criticised. It's happening here for years, posters have their favourites and won't have a bad word said about them if they play poorly. I doubt any poster here revels in a Cork player playing badly.
It sure comes across as reveling from some at times.

The other one is crying dillusion when anyone expresses a shred of optimism.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ride
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

4th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Dance (12A) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼