Cork Hurlers - Part 2

What’s most worrying is that not only can’t we win or compete in the air but now it seems we can’t win or compete for ground ball either. Poor as Collins puck outs were I’d hate to be in his shoes looking out at guys who you know are most unlikely to win the ball. Puck outs are crucifying us at both ends of the field. If there have 80 puck outs today (est) in total and your opponent wins 65 of those, you’re in deep deep trouble
Robbie o flynn just could not win a puck out . It’s a fright to god we can’t have someone like duggan where you can throw a ball down on top of and know he’s going to win it . Sean twomey is the same size and yet he isnt capable

I disagree . I think Owens did cost us. He gave really soft frees to them, fooled tome and again by yhe throwing hands in the air . Meanwhile their defenders holding and blocking at the other end with no free ! Last week a black card and a penalty against us for a foul inside the 21 but no award today for two similar fouls Worst of all was his refusal to allow play be stopped for the injury to Tim O'Mahony, and we conceded 1.01 in that time I'm proud of our team today but Owens robbed us

Absolutely shattered.

Harsh reality is, not good enough. Shane Barrett squares that ball to Brian Hayes we are eight points up. Niall o Leary fantastic throughout should’ve fouled his man before the Clare 1st goal.
Tim O Mahony is not good enough to play for cork. Anyone that says his efforts today are his work rate were incredible are missing the point. That is a given at this level.
Robbie oFlynn doesn’t look anywhere near Robbie oFlynn. SOD he will be hurting, he probably cost us a 50-50 chance of getting something from that game.
Patrick Collins- is he that bad? Puckouts look like they were getting caught in the wind.
The old guard stood up, but yet again, that’s not a solution to corks long-term problems.
We concede far too many frees and long range points, and we are not streetwise enough to nullify a complete gimp like Owens, that Ref loves to be the center of attention and we allowed it to happen. Being physical is not about bashing people on the head like we have said before it is about fighting to tooth and nail for every ball and not letting your man get the better of you.
Clare, were missing their best player today. We are just not good enough.
Collins? He is that bad. Not intercounty level - at all!

Agree.

It all went to crap when Dalton(excellent) and Harnedy went off.

SOD brainfart from the captain..christ.

As others have mentioned, this keepers distribution was very poor today.

Bringing on Meade is a joke lads, watch him for the Clare 3rd goal, cannot run. We need athletic dogs of wars midfield and they bring on Meade. Makes no sense.

ROF dropped 3 balls and offered nothing positive. I'm a Robbie fan but was so poor.

Can we stop with all the Coleman talk being a great hurler, bang average when introduced.

At least kingston scored I suppose.

Positives
Very good first half

Connelly very good, Fitz good, TOM had a good first half on Duggan before Duggan took over. NOL good. Joyce good.
Dalton played very well as did Harnedy.

Again the bench were so poor when introduced in 2nd half.
Hundred per cent correct re Clare’s third goal the Clare player just went away from Meade and Meade was fresh just on a few minutes much too slow for IC hurling

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼