Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Isn’t my post exactly what happens here year in year out though? Am I not call it as it is? I actually always call it as it is. It’s one of the things I love about myself. Never been afraid to call it.

You believe you read a post from a pessimist. Will you still think I’m dead inside if I am proved to be a realist again this year?

There’s levels to being delusional. If there was a championship for it we would walk Munster and we would be awarded the AI on the spot.

And If I am really dead inside you can blame every single player that has togged in the last decade. Cos it really is the hope that kills ya.
:ROFLMAO:

Don't know that we need to drop all three of the old-guard from playing completely tbh.
Who’s suggesting that? That would be crazy, they still have something to offer just not as starters

But we certainly can't start with all three, or have all three on at the same time any more. I think the most that's in Hoggie is 40/45 hard minutes. No more than two together at any time and even at that it'd be praying rather than expecting things to go right
Still think that TOM and MC would be our best pairing in midfield.
Tim and Mark would be my first choice too and would have been from a long time back

No, that I don't. It is however absurd to think that any management would pick what they wouldn't believe to be their strongest team. Lehane was obviously the man they felt had made the best case to be centre forward. How many put up their hands or made themselves undroppable ?
How many were tried there in the league? You can’t put your hand up for a position if you’re not picked there. We put all our eggs in one basket
No, that I That's our problem, not the management, we just don't have the quality of players. Hayes decent, Twomey decent. But both (so far) only decent and as of yet unproven. The league games while in general terms are the same sport, to compare them to the warm dry ground championship hurling game, it just can't be done.
Lehane was decent nothing else in the league yet he got picked? And there were loads of posters on here saying he shouldn’t be picked based on league performances and ignore his championship performances which have been sometimes sublime but mostly poor
Picking a conservative team first time out is hardly a crime, especially one good enough to win.
You never pick a conservative team, you pick the best team available and the team picked last week was never the best team available. The lack of trust in the young fellas by the manager that won those all Irelands with them is worrying.
Right now we are poor, I'm not sure people get that. In the context of the Senior Hurling Championship we are a poor team. We would have said we were better than Waterford but last Sunday put paid to that. Are we better than Tipp ?
We are not a team, we don’t play as a team, we have no discernible style of play. Being a better team than somebody else means sweet fuck all If you dont match their hunger, desire and team play
Excuse all the above rambling. FWIW I get your point, i truly do..... a raft of changes with the talent currently at our disposal won't get us any closer to Clare.
It might show that a line has been drawn in the sand, that never again will we accept last Sundays performance by individuals and by the team as awhile
Looking forward to us destroying Clare now Sunday :)
A one point win and we are back in the hunt

Outside of Connolly, who are our most likely goal scorers?
"most likely" meaning players who take goal chances when presented with them or create chances and finish them.

Hoggie, ROF, Deccie, Darragh F, Jack OC, Hayes?
Kingston?

At any given time next Sunday we'll need 4 to 5 of the above, along with Connolly on the pitch.

I don't think we're beating Clare without min 2 goals scored

Outside of Connolly, who are our most likely goal scorers?
"most likely" meaning players who take goal chances when presented with them or create chances and finish them.

Hoggie, ROF, Deccie, Darragh F, Jack OC, Hayes?
Kingston?

At any given time next Sunday we'll need 4 to 5 of the above, along with Connolly on the pitch.

I don't think we're beating Clare without min 2 goals scored
Realistically out of that group Hoggie Jack OC, Kingston nd Hayes to a lesser degree are the only ones that have proved they can score goals. But nobody near Gillane or TJ level of goal threat

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ballard - Comedy Stop Cork
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

12th Oct 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Complete Madness Ireland

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼