Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We're hoping TOC has a good year midfield assuming he is played there. But your right, a bill copper workhorse is lacking. We dont have one currently, maybe young Mullins in a few years.

Hopefully B Roche finds form soon. In fairness, he worked his socks off last year.

Other posters have suggested TOM for midfield, would like to see him tried there for a league game to see how he goes.

I think a fit Fitz at center forward being feed by Dalton and S Twomey could pose serious problems for opposition defenses.
Absolutely, and probably why we are seeing Conor Lehane so much at 11 in Darraghs absence
Darragh is electric on the ball but he drifts in and out of the game and plays too much on the fringes of the action for midfield

Absolutely, and probably why we are seeing Conor Lehane so much at 11 in Darraghs absence
Darragh is electric on the ball but he drifts in and out of the game and plays too much on the fringes of the action for midfield
Imagine bringing a fit Fitz on at center forward for the final 20 mins against a tiring backline, what a luxary.

Pity he need him in both halves...

I can see Coleman somewhere else but the idea of moving Joyce is crazy to me. I like Coleman at #7 for a number of reasons. One, he’s excelled there before. Two, his presence there makes the opponent react to us rather than the other way around. That is lost on a lot of people it seems. Folks focus on how we match up with other teams. Coleman’s skills at #7 put the opponents under duress. They have to worry about how they deal with him coming up the field. Three, I believe he’s better at hooking and blocking than you do. I believe he’s clearly put on muscle to improve defending the high ball which he impressed on against Kilkenny. I believe he’s able to improve which considering his age should go without saying.

That's a very good point. Before the tikki-taka era under Kingston he was the best head up hurler in the country able to score, run or pass from deep. If Coleman can be at his best at wing back he is a huge asset that offers something that no other Cork defender does.
Seriously folks , no one outside cork thinks about Coleman like this.

Nice hurler , put an aggressive lad in his area , land every puck out between them and have midfielders run at him with every chance they get.

Seriously folks , no one outside cork thinks about Coleman like this.

Nice hurler , put an aggressive lad in his area , land every puck out between them and have midfielders run at him with every chance they get.
Exactly, the absolute outlandish Micro world of the Cork hurling Snob is sight to behold. Is he in the top 10 Half backs in the Country. NO .

Two untested midfielders?

Isn't that the whole idea of the league, try guys in other positions to see how they go? I think Coleman is a must to start but wouldn't be for moving Joyce out of 6. I think TOM has the muscle and workrate for midfield and I think he and Coleman would be a good midfield pairing - certainly worth a review

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼