Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Still several spots on the championship team to be had and lots of fellas trying to get them - not a bad thing at this stage.

For Offaly I'd love to see this team (making a lot of fitness assumptions here)

Saunderson
O'Callaghan Roche E.Downey (N.O'Leary to get game time)
R.Downey Joyce D.O'Leary (Mellerick as first sub if needed)
Coleman O'Connell E.Twomey (Meade or Roche to get minutes)
S.Twomey O'Mahony Dalton (Fitzy to make a comeback)
Connolly O'Connor (Hayes & Kingston to bring on)

After that I'm hoping to see a very strong team for the last match and the team playing full-on for 70+ minutes, and winning. Even if we exited the league then we would have some momentum and a strong squad going into the Spring/Summer.

Some dude from Waterord is reasonably confident 😆

Why do we need to hear that by way of some warning not to write Waterford off?

Who in their right mind would write them off, particularly in a game in Walsh Park?
Seriously there can't be anyone thinking it'll be anything other than a grind in that game.
There are those who think we’ll walk it. Not saying they’re on here. Too many still have the ‘We are Cork’ attitude. If it ever meant something it sure as hell means shag all now.

I’m blown away by some of the posts here. For the love of God can we stop the nonsense about moving Joyce. We couldn’t find an answer at 6 for the longest time. The answer is emphatically found and now some want to move him? Madness.

Coleman was a very good #7 before he was screwed up by a move to #6. The guy was out for a year and he’s been back for a game a quarter and people are questioning him already. Let him settle in! He looked great off the bench against Kilkenny. He looked ok vs Waterford. He’ll be a great #7 if he’s let at it.
Why are you blown away? Its just a discussion. If we were chasing a game, 6 points down in the final 10 mins, I can see the logic of moving Joyce to midfield and telling him run through the middle to create goal opportunites.

Its ok to disagree. I dont think Coleman is a 33rd cousin to a wing back. All stars like Hegarty (Lim) and Fitzgerald (Clare) will clean him in the air just like Brick Walsh did in the 2017 semi final when Wford beat us.

Echo have a sports podcast now discussing the men's senior football and hurling results. Eamon Murphy is the best of the three but he's hosting it so you get more of the other two. Bit of a meandering water cooler vibe compared to other podcasts but it's worth a listen and it's Cork centric which is nice

Watching back on the game from the weekend, if we were to come up against the sweeper Waterford played again Coleman should be the free man. McCarthy did ok but use of the ball and positional sense was lacking at times. I can’t help but feel Coleman as a free man is a weapon that we have to take advantage of.

Echo have a sports podcast now discussing the men's senior football and hurling results. Eamon Murphy is the best of the three but he's hosting it so you get more of the other two. Bit of a meandering water cooler vibe compared to other podcasts but it's worth a listen and it's Cork centric which is nice

Eamon Murphy a lot stronger than the other two and one of the guys needs to be told to stop talking over everyone else and dominating it

Watching back on the game from the weekend, if we were to come up against the sweeper Waterford played again Coleman should be the free man. McCarthy did ok but use of the ball and positional sense was lacking at times. I can’t help but feel Coleman as a free man is a weapon that we have to take advantage of.
That's definitely food for thought.
Moving Coleman out of a position where he's getting hemmed in could pay dividends.
That said he was surrounded and in the centre when he gave that perfect hand pass to JOC for the goal.
He's such a smart player, the decisions he makes at speed set him apart, plus technically he's top notch.

Just needs more games to get right into form.

There are those who think we’ll walk it. Not saying they’re on here. Too many still have the ‘We are Cork’ attitude. If it ever meant something it sure as hell means shag all now.
I don't know a single person with a ‘We are Cork’ attitude.
There may be handful out there - they get a disproportionate amount of attention - it's a stick to beat us with for counties who resent the fact that we're not totally miserable and broken 🤣
God forbid that we are upbeat and hopeful.
Though can't say I felt a huge amount of positivity around me in the North Stand on Sunday 😜

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼