Cork Hurlers - Part 2

it looks like in our division 1A that even finishing 4th would get us to the top division next year ...with weaker sides in the other group you would imagne our groups 4th team will have a better scoring difference.
I wouldn't be pinning our league status next year on superior score difference.

Really helpful that the sergeant majors on here are judge and jury of whether lads are giving "absolute 100% and fighting like dogs".
I'd say PR and his team would notice more too if they were sat on the arses at home watching on TG4, or in some corner of the stand.
So important to keep them on alert, real risk that they'll all start slacking off without some rough words and being called out on here for every single imagined offence that contributes to "record years without a trophy":ROFLMAO:

I am assuming none of them would darken the door of this place, because unlike us they've better and more constructive ways to contribute something positive to the cause of Cork hurling.
So did you go? Or did you watch on TG4?
By the way I was on the board of my club for years like my father before me and my wife trains the U14 girls. It's sad that you think that contributes less to the Gaa then some lad going through the motions in Clare but then again that's your prerogative.

Having said that I do agree that theyre not on here reading this so what the fuck does it matter if I criticise there performance on a discussion forum?
I pay thousands every year supporting Cork Gaa and I have season tickets for years now and have only missed a handful of matches since the 2000s. I was in Ennis on Sunday will be in Cork (a 45 minutes drive) on Saturday night etc etc.

So in summary if I want to have my say on a dismal performance that I bothered to go to I will.

I'm a bit concerned that a lot of those young guys showed us they're not yet at the required level.

I'd be equally concerned that people are expecting too much from some players - particularly Cunningham and Connolly.

Cunningham's still very young. He has the potential to be a great player, but that doesn't mean he will. Connolly had a couple of decent games in Munster a couple of years ago. He was poor enough (on a limited ball supply) against Galway. We've see little of him since due to his misfortune with injury. He has huge potential but is still a long, long, way from becoming a star forward. It's also worth noting that, for me at least, Cotter often outplays him at club level.

We all hope that these guys fulfill their potential and become the players we suspect they are. But putting too much pressure on them too soon, won't help. If they were in Limerick they'd have a few years to play themselves into the team.
Connolly insisted on playing for Rockies last year against management's wishes as the hamstring was still at him. A bit rash but a great clubman. He shouldn't be judged on any matches from last year.

On Jesus, the showing the “full hand nonsense” again. What a pitiful fool.
There's not much turnover between the league and the championship, add in the peril of regulation to a lower standard league and you'd want to be hitting the league with if not your full hand then most of it. We haven't won a national league title since the last millenium.

There's not much turnover between the league and the championship, add in the peril of regulation to a lower standard league and you'd want to be hitting the league with if not your full hand then most of it. We haven't won a national league title since the last millenium.
We’ve won 3 All Irelands since our last national league. The league is and has always been the place where young players are introduced and new styles of play tried out.

We wouldn’t give a damn about the last time we won the league if we had 2/3 All Irelands in the last 19 years.

We’ve won 3 All Irelands since our last national league. The league is and has always been the place where young players are introduced and new styles of play tried out.

We wouldn’t give a damn about the last time we won the league if we had 2/3 All Irelands in the last 19 years.
In the past the league was that. However that has changed and now after a return to the non competitive bullshit league that is changing again and we are going back to a competitive league.
Our last All Ireland was 19 years ago, our last league title was 1998. In the 60s and in the 70s when we were dominant we were winning the league every few years. Maybe we need to change our attitude to the league perhaps?

In the past the league was that. However that has changed and now after a return to the non competitive bullshit league that is changing again and we are going back to a competitive league.
Our last All Ireland was 19 years ago, our last league title was 1998. In the 70s when we were dominant we were winning the league every few years. Maybe we need to change our attitude to the league perhaps?
Maybe we do but let’s compare ourselves to Tipp. Very similar amount of All Irelands. They last won the league in 2008. They’ve won 3 All Irelands since. You can be sure they don’t care too much about the league. Teams will want to stay in the top 3 to get into 1A next year but nobody will be going all out to win the league. Limerick will probably win again because they’ve a very strong panel and have shown they can win All Irelands missing 2/3 players at a time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Luke Combs Uk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Hot Blooded Animals

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼