Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He's poor. Loves being the centre of attention.
1688491079414.png
Blind Boy Owens was asked by the CCCC to make a decision on this incident after the game was over as he had 'missed' it during the game.
With the benefit of technology,, slow motion and all the camera angles,, he stated that he could see nothing wrong with it and that it deserved no sanction. Enough said

View attachment 22677
Blind Boy Owens was asked by the CCCC to make a decision on this incident after the game was over as he had 'missed' it during the game.
With the benefit of technology,, slow motion and all the camera angles,, he stated that he could see nothing wrong with it and that it deserved no sanction. Enough said
I remember that one! Right in front of the linesman and the referee, Gleeson committed two fouls. First, as Luke Meade stooped to pick up the ball, Gleeson pushed him in the back; then, as Meade sat up, he ripped off his helmet, the latter being a red card offence. My memory was that in the review, Owens said that he had "dealt with the incident on the day". Waterford got a line ball out of it.

What age will Gleeson be next season.
Feels like his promising career is starting to peter out. When he first came on the scene I remember thinking this guy is unmarkable and has potential to be an all time great.
Waterford never settled on a steady position for him. Personally would have put him center back with De Burca on the wing.
Spot on vlad. Victim of his own versatility. I agree tho, he should have been left at centre back as he has all the attributes for there. After he was out of 21 they started messaging with him. He probably should have insisted himself but like all geniuses he was a bit volatile. Waterford have had more than their share of superlative hurlers without much to show for them all.

I remember that one! Right in front of the linesman and the referee, Gleeson committed two fouls. First, as Luke Meade stooped to pick up the ball, Gleeson pushed him in the back; then, as Meade sat up, he ripped off his helmet, the latter being a red card offence. My memory was that in the review, Owens said that he had "dealt with the incident on the day". Waterford got a line ball out of it.
Regarding the filthy stroke by Kyle Hayes on Darragh Fitz this year in the Gaelic Grounds apparently Owens said he was leaving it go because it wasn't to the head although it was a 100% red card offence. As poor as Owens is I believe the referees are still doing what they're told by the G.A.A. in their attempts not to label the game as being dirty or over cynical, an awful lot is pre-meditated and thrashed out beforehand by the respective associations.

Extremely jealous watching the 4 teams playing in Croker this weekend. With a bit of luck and a healthy squad I genuinely see us lifting Liam next year. Roll on 2024 and a good club championship. Rebels Abú!

Extremely jealous watching the 4 teams playing in Croker this weekend. With a bit of luck and a healthy squad I genuinely see us lifting Liam next year. Roll on 2024 and a good club championship. Rebels Abú!
Posted this in the Hurling thread:

I think Cork would have improved significantly in the All Ireland series had we qualified and could have given it a right rattle.

With regard to the future I don't think we have anyone to fear, other than Limerick.

Posted this in the Hurling thread:

I think Cork would have improved significantly in the All Ireland series had we qualified and could have given it a right rattle.

With regard to the future I don't think we have anyone to fear, other than Limerick.
Please god Dinger. Lot of hard work to be done over the winter, but I’ve huge faith in Pat Ryan and his management team and he’ll have our lads flying for next year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Velvetones

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼