Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Few scattered thoughts: Tipp the better side, would probably have won had Forde stayed on. Dominated the centre of the pitch, won far more of the breaks, much slicker in general with their use of the ball, great mixture of runs off the shoulder (e.g., for the two goals) and longer ball into the space in front of the FF line. Cork struggled to keep their shape - I think because they were being outfought in the middle they were having to commit too many men there and were very short of options up front when they won back possession. The result was a lot of poor longer ball to an outnumbered Hoggy, or trying to run from deep into a wall of Tipp tacklers.

Robbie's goal was fortunate, took a lot of steps and no obvious foul on him. The 'square ball' goal some poster mentioned earlier seemed like a good call in the replay from behind the goal. I thought Tipp could have had men sent off for two separate incidents. Their no. 5 was particularly lucky to get away with a shoulder into the head.

In terms of the performance overall it was very disappointing, but two things to note. First, there was no panic - the third and fourth goals were very well worked, the subs contributed 1-5 from play with Lehane and Kingston adding a bit of spark and Tim some much-needed muscle. That's not the first time this season Cork have worked important late scores to get something from a match that was going against them.

Second, it was rightly said that Pat Ryan learned nothing from the Waterford game. He'll have learned plenty from tonight. Cork malfunctioned, didn't lose and are still in it with two weeks to prepare for Ennis. I suspect they won't qualify, but it's not the worst position to be in either.

Its goals we need needed not a tap over.
Lol.

The saddest wum from a pretend Cork supporter.
salty-tears.gif

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ian Richards

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼