Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Has anyone who was on the panel last year been dropped under Pat Ryan, It doesn’t feel like it. Luke Meade shouldn’t be on the panel imho.
Meade gets slated on here but he’s a fine hurler. Ask any of the lads who play with him and they love playing with him. Nash in particular rates him very highly.

Very much a stickman and possibly lacks the physicality needed but is certainly worth a place on the panel in my view. Covers a wide array of positions and can offer a lot with a tactical setup

Agreed on the Twomey strategy but I’d have hoped to see a bit more (as we have done with Hayes) in terms of quality, but hopefully it comes.
Twice yesterday he was pushed off the ball by a smaller man and another occasion could have ran with ball straight at goal and opted for a pass that nothing came off. I genuinely don't get the hype here around him.

He got skinned a couple of times in the league last year, particularly against KK, and I think that put a lot of people off.
A bit harsh on a young fella imo and if fully fit will defo be in the shake up for full back.
He was excellent against Conor Whelan in the league for example.

He was excellent against Conor Whelan in the league for example.
He was indeed and everyone thought he was the answer to our prayers but after he got roasted in the league semi against KK (taken off at half-time, not sure if injured tbf) some people seemed to dismiss him. That Cork crowd are fierce fickle 😀.
Tbh people haven't seen enough of him yet at Senior IC to make up their mind.

He was indeed and everyone thought he was the answer to our prayers but after he got roasted in the league semi against KK (taken off at half-time, not sure if injured tbf) some people seemed to dismiss him. That Cork crowd are fierce fickle 😀.
Tbh people haven't seen enough of him yet at Senior IC to make up their mind.
If memory serves me correctly he was injured when he came off but certainly got given the run around. I’d agree people should temper expectations with him as is still extremely unexposed at this level.

The no3 jersey still remains an issue that needs resolving. Personally don’t think Downey is the answer here either and much rather seeing him out half back. Any coach worth their salt will try target him inside with low balls into the corner. Even yesterday felt he got turned way too easily for the goal.

If memory serves me correctly he was injured when he came off but certainly got given the run around. I’d agree people should temper expectations with him as is still extremely unexposed at this level.

The no3 jersey still remains an issue that needs resolving. Personally don’t think Downey is the answer here either and much rather seeing him out half back. Any coach worth their salt will try target him inside with low balls into the corner. Even yesterday felt he got turned way too easily for the goal.
Completely agree on Downey. In the All Ireland in 21 Flanagan dragged him out of the square and tore him asunder. Wing back suits him better.

Completely agree on Downey. In the All Ireland in 21 Flanagan dragged him out of the square and tore him asunder. Wing back suits him better.
His brother is a better option.
He’d be well able for a two man FF line.

I think Luke Meade deserves his place on the panel. He has incredibly fast hands and was one of our best last year.

Twice yesterday he was pushed off the ball by a smaller man and another occasion could have ran with ball straight at goal and opted for a pass that nothing came off. I genuinely don't get the hype here around him.
I thought his performance yesterday was very mixed, good in parts but poor in others.
However, how many games has he played with the seniors ? These young lads need to be given time to settle.
I don't think he is blessed with great pace and looks to me more like a no. 14 than anything else , whereas Brian Hayes looks like he can play anywhere.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sander Van Doorn
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼