Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was about to post something similar. We have an amazing amateur sport here so it should absolutely have different rules to the likes of that shit show across the water. I would always temper criticism myself as they are lads making massive sacrifices to represent us, but at the same time I almost always feel the national media get that too and criticism is measured, reasonable, and avoids getting personal
Listening to Sully on OTB - it's definitely Nash that has annoyed them with some comments

Not saying Dalton is good enough but both goalkeepers in the all ireland final don't play in goals for their clubs

I find that an amazing stat tbh and evidence of how thinking on the game has changed.

I suspect even as recently as 10 years ago inter-county All Ireland managers wouldn't have dreamed of playing an outfield player in goal on the most important hurling match of the year. But now both AI managers will such is the thinking and strategising of distribution and sweeping required at that level that more of an emphasis is put on those facets than shot stopping.

Everyone v happy that he ia appointed, but if he loses first couple of games everyone will want him out. No real pleasing people.

I genuinely don't think this will be the case tbh. Even if, heaven forbid, we do lose the first couple of games I think people will want him to change personnel and/or tactics but I think most people recognise that Ryan is the best guy for the job. The hurling people that I've spoken to are all happy that he's gotten the gig. Not heard any dissenting voice on it tbh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 4:15 pm
More info..

Lyra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼