Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If someone asks for people to stop making ageist comments why not stop?

Always with the cheap dig.
5uK.gif

What a strange weekend, capping off an odd year for us. I can’t understand for the life of me how Galway came so close today, I couldn’t believe how slow and laboured they were in Semple, and then they go an push limerick to the brink

Clare have had a good year, gave Limerick the game we all wanted someone to and come up just short.. survive Wexford but we all put it down to fatigue, and then go and completely implode against KK

Incredible quote from Cody - something like ‘I was never worried about having a settled team, I can change 3 or 4 for any game and it doesn’t matter.’ That’s it in a nutshell, they don’t do anything spectacular but they demand a base level from every player of busting your bollox and executing the basic skills of the game well

There’s nothing between us and KK, we beat them this time last year and I’d have loved a go at them this year. With the right management I think we can get there, it doesn’t need massive change, just smarter quicker calls on the line and proper game plans. All of the top teams play a blend of the short and more direct game, It’s not about only playing monsters, or only playing long ball, it’s about playing the right kind of ball and working like dogs - we have the hurling, the right manager will sort the rest with the right attitude in the camp

A massive thanks to Kieran Kingston who’s put massive effort into serving Cork for the better. It’s a huge part of his life he dedicated to Cork and this is not easy in any aspect. Management even at any club level is very time consuming and it’s draining.
To his selection team down the years again thanks for the commitment and courage to step up.
Kingston was committed and brought in young people in both terms which hopefully will will build on.
We can all disagree and vary on the way we set up or played at times but to give 10 years of your life to something and trying to improve it is a love of Cork hurling of which he undoubtedly has.
A new voice was needed and again my admiration to him for understanding this and doing what is best.
Does that want to criticize look that’s what happens in sports and life but this man has served his County as best he could.
Rebels Abu

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Reflux & Friends

The Pav, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼