Cork Hurlers - Part 2

In my view we have to use the game to increase options for next round. In the forwards, we know what Tim can do, so I’d start O Connor to try to build his confidence and make him a good sub option for Galway clash.
At the back I’d start Mellerick for similar reason - but not sure who I’d drop to make way. If Daire O Leary was ready I’d give him game time too.

Lads, im a bit confused on the terraces in Corrigan park

Are the south and north terraces behind the goals and is the east terrace the sideline opposite the main stand?
gfgQfKf.png

In my view we have to use the game to increase options for next round. In the forwards, we know what Tim can do, so I’d start O Connor to try to build his confidence and make him a good sub option for Galway clash.
At the back I’d start Mellerick for similar reason - but not sure who I’d drop to make way. If Daire O Leary was ready I’d give him game time too.
I'd be very concerned about taking Antrim for granted. Look at what the Joe McDonagh cup winners (Laois) did in the last normal season. This Cork team has a habit of switching off. They're not remotely consistent enough to ever expect a decent performance. And this will take a decent performance.

In any event, the team is still experimental. It looks like we've hit on a winning formula with Mahony up front, Downey at FB, Joyce at 6, Coleman on the wing. But why not let that formation bed in? Let these guys get used to playing with each other. I'd be all for giving O'Connor a run. But let him earn his place against Galway with a cameo here. Coming on and scoring two points in a game that was petering out is a decent start. But that's all it is.

I'd fancy Antrim to score about 2-19 against us but I reckon we'll score in the region of 3-26.

What Laois did in the last normal season has no bearing on the game in Corrigan Park Saturday, save for being a cautionary tale, or a bogey man tale, whatever way you want to take it.

You would expect that nobody involved will be taking Antrim for granted but would also expect that the Antrim defence won't be able to hold Cork like only the Limerick defence have.

I never understood why this was a criticism, once the players know in advance, what is the issue
I would have thought having the ammunition to take one side or another on the selected 15 on the PROC a full extra day ahead of a match was issue enough no? :ROFLMAO:

Being serious - you're bang on.......as long as the players know in due time, there isn't an issue.

I'd fancy Antrim to score about 2-19 against us but I reckon we'll score in the region of 3-26.

What Laois did in the last normal season has no bearing on the game in Corrigan Park Saturday, save for being a cautionary tale, or a bogey man tale, whatever way you want to take it.

You would expect that nobody involved will be taking Antrim for granted but would also expect that the Antrim defence won't be able to hold Cork like only the Limerick defence have.

Mother of god lad 2-19.…you're on a wind up surely 😂

The last thing you need going in there is a soft mentality
You start giving lads a game and next thing you know the team is in a bad mental place and Antrim are making a dog fight of it
Pick the championship team for a championship match

The last thing you need going in there is a soft mentality
You start giving lads a game and next thing you know the team is in a bad mental place and Antrim are making a dog fight of it
Pick the championship team for a championship match
Correct, I actually cannot believe this needs to be said but apparently a championship match in the middle of summer is a time for ‘giving lads a game’……..cork need to select their best team and apply the same mentality they had over the last couple of matches and go for the jugular from the start.
The more this team plays together the better, play well and win vs Antrim and then head into the Galway team with confidence like a serious team

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼