Cork Footballers

What you numpties can’t see is that with Hurley you might get 5 or 6 points from him put nothing from anyone else. Everything has to go through him. He can’t or won’t bring anyone else into the game. To win you need an attack leader that can bring others into the game and he’s not it. So while we have him on the field we will always be less than the sum of the parts.
But not everyone can see that. So you guys have your fun and keep judging football like it’s Top Trumps.
He's like Hoggy deserves more

What will happen over next few weeks. Nothing bar Rory Maguire replacing a defender who doesn't deserve to be dropped. Same tactics, same non scoring Half forward line. Same Subs. Deane first replacement.
Give Cleary a ring and tell him that...nothing but constant negative from you...jog
What you numpties can’t see is that with Hurley you might get 5 or 6 points from him put nothing from anyone else. Everything has to go through him. He can’t or won’t bring anyone else into the game. To win you need an attack leader that can bring others into the game and he’s not it. So while we have him on the field we will always be less than the sum of the parts.
But not everyone can see that. So you guys have your fun and keep judging football like it’s Top Trumps.
Your attack "leader" as you said it is normally at center forward which is exactly what Powter was doing until.he went off...I'd be more concerned
I’m no troll.
Nothing strange about it. Teams happy to cough up 5 or 6 points to one player on the basis that the team as a whole is worse off. He thinks he’s on fire and keeps doing his own thing meanwhile ignoring the runs of say Corbett. That’s why I think while he’s in the side (at least from the start) we are destined to under-score.
Are you dumb or just stupid?? If Corbett kicked 8 points against Kerry you'd be lauding him..but he didn't and as probably the most talented forward in the team he didn't show up today while Hurley, whom we all know has been to the well and back with injuries, generally turns up and leads the attack on the big day....cant expect Hurley to find players runs when that is t his game, he's a finisher...

CorkFan2

Interesting it was Hurley ran Jason Foley ragged a few years back in Killarney when Cork got off to a flier but ended up getting hammered. He is a top inside forward but not the best free taker. Sherlock is a better free taker but it's up to Corbett and others to kick regular points from play inside 30 metres before they can match Hurley and take Cork to the next level.

Maguire was wide open in front of the goal in injury time and Corbett handed it to the kerryman anyone know what happened he looked at the ref like he got fouled very strange
Need to get back to Div 1 and be playing at the top level or we will never beat the top teams in championship
Great match for the boys today we really shoulda won it but we will learn some amount from
It and have 1 month to get ready for Sam
Really looking forward to what this team can do over the next few months
Get C O Mahony back O Hanlon and Powter was obviously not fully fit also R Maguire
We were in a much worse position last year and had a very impressive season so let’s see what happens now

Clearly said in his interview. Powter probably shouldn’t have even played because is currently doing he is medicine exams to become a doctor. I would love if they just gave Powter a position. You say we need to move Powter out of centre forward but he was great for the first 20 mins and then they moved him back… that changed the game
Tbf to Powter wish him the best with exams and obviously very intense exams but there's a few more students on the team that have final year exams or general college exams too.
Didn't Powter start for the Cork Footballers the week of his Leaving Cert a few years back and become the youngest player to play for any county that year?
As you said we need to find a position for Powter and after yesterday's first 25 mins you would have to say it's centre forward. The link in play making, low ball to him, turn and he's gone on a run creating space and setting up scores. Why we moved him back was beyond me.
I think Cleary using exams as an excuse for a mistake in taking him off, Maguire's legs were gone as we take Powter off who looked ok.
Yes there's an element of man management and player welfare and wanting him to do the best in exams but it's not like Powter went off and went into the dressing room to study.

I would say there's a lot more positives than negatives, we really gave them a rattle and shows we can more than compete with the top teams. That was not luck, that was hard work and commitment from the players. Somethings didn't go our way whether it was a call from a ref or a mis-placed pass at a key time and that's sport that's why we love it.
The only negative I really see and wouldn't be a negative a such but comes from Management with the change in game plan so early, of course a team like Kerry was going to have a purple patch and I think the line panicked when they did.
Both players and management would have learned a lot.
Hopefully this give a few more fans the kick to support the lads and attend more games.

If I was to pick disappointment in anything, it would be the last 5 or 6 mins when Kerry kept the ball we didn’t come out and press them. I know it would have left us open but it felt like in the end we sort of settled for the narrow defeat. That’s my only criticism.

There were negatives and positives on the day but they’ll be part of any day. Writing anyone off based on one game would lead to everyone writing David Clifford off based on his performance yesterday.

We were causing Kerry loads of problems early on with the counter attack but Kerry then sat off Cork and we couldn’t break them down. We often lost the ball in contact and got countered ourselves. We do struggle to break teams down like that. Derry and Clare both easily snuffed us out last year with it, along with a few early league games. It’s clear we are better on the counter against better teams so I do think the qualifiers could be tricky if we draw a defensive team. Otherwise it’s similar to last year in that there’s definitely life in this team.

A good effort by all including the Cork supporters :giggle: must have been bigger than the Kerry supporters ...maybe its also a sign that this team is slowly but surely improving .....but sadly the same result and i tip my hat to the brillant Brian Hurley the injurys hes come back from has won nothing as such in a Cork jersey but is and i have always said the most gifted two footed player i have ever seen so natural to him...
Hope now and this will be the test can we go one step more than last season...

Lads a good performance at times yesterday, have to come out of it with some positives but will find it hard to come across a day when bith Clifford's go so poorly again. Definitely moving in the right direction, we've been a kick of a ball off at most off the top teams in the last two years, need to discover 3/4 more lads and we can go somewhere. Chris og and Corbett not great on the day but more than showed that they can get I to the right positions. As for kerry, hurley having his best game in years shows the state of their backs, they are they for the taking

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

12th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼