Cork Footballers

Not a lot of positives today in my opinion aside from the result. We were 4 points up with 10 minutes left against a shambolic Division 4 team who neither had the ability or inclination to have a go. Anytime they kicked the ball it resulted in a turnover for Cork, hence they rarely kicked. In spite of all that, and this is the real worry, Limerick bossed midfield especially from their own long kick outs. They hardly lost a kick out in the second half. Something for Cork to work on surely.

Bit late to worry about midfield I’m afraid as we have played the same 2 players for every game for the last 2 years…..2 solid fellas but not trying anyone else is unbelieveable at this level

Cork will be different for the Kerry game. Cork will be up for it. When Clifford is not on fire, Kerry are good, but not great. At the same level as Galway, Mayo, Armagh etc.

If Cork can contain Clifford, anybody's game.

Bit late to worry about midfield I’m afraid as we have played the same 2 players for every game for the last 2 years…..2 solid fellas but not trying anyone else is unbelieveable at this level
I think that's a very fair point, and more generally I agree with a lot of your criticisms of how the management team seem to have approached the league. But I think you're going a bit ott regarding today's match. It was entirely about the result. If Cork had blitzed Limerick like they did in the league last year, no-one would have cared, since 'they're just a Division 4 team'. Let's see how Cork get on in Killarney and beyond before pulling our hair out. (And don't forget that at this stage last year Cork were played off the park in the second half in Ennis, but recovered to have an encouraging year overall.)

Our Middle 8 bar Fahy and COC the odd time cannot kick the ball. Average age of our Subs coming on is around 32. Hurley's legs are gone and Deane is first choice forward.. Again apart from running the ball into the next which they tried to do today I can't see any tactics. We go to Killarney in Hope.

I thought the ref today gave some frees for things which, while arguably fouls, are not ordinarily given in intercounty championship matches. It may well be the way games should be reffed, and possibly would improve both the playing of, and the watching of, Gaelic Football. Of course he made mistakes in specific cases, like all of us (indeed as a Cork supporter I of course feel for every case where Cork seemed disadvantaged) - but I thought his overall strictness was a good thing for the game. I'd love to see the same ref in a more trying game (today's game was of the easier ones to ref).

But I'm pretty sure it will be very different on Saturday week!

Just on the support of this team....who thought it was a good idea for a cork under age team (think it was minors) to be training in the astro while the game was on ? Those lads should have either trained before or after the match...

Start will be key in Killarney , we need a reasonable start and a bench impact with 20 mins to go . Maguire midfield is a worry .paul Walsh and Sean Meehan need to up it as well .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ward
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

NewEra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼